The Bidding

Its been 10 years since my "papa" left and he hasn't tried to contact me since the talent show. I used to wonder what I did wrong but now I see its not me or my mom its him. He couldn't keep it in his pants. After mom had Hayden and Jayden she was very distant from me and my sibling. Hayden is the girl she has my mother's eyes and hair while Jayden looks just like my father. They are ten now and it's their birthday. I'm 17 and I take care of my young ones. I call them that alot. Anyway me and Des are ready for their party. We just so happen to be the entertainment for a bunch of 10 year olds.

"Des come on we are already late and you live next door." The young ones get antsy after a while but I live for them. Duke left for college and he's coming back this week for spring break. Tomorrow is Friday and my last day before I get a week off. I desperately need it.

"Les stop thinking about my hot outfit and come on." says the one who is always late. But she is right about one thing her outfit is hot. She has a pair of wash jeans and a crop top. And two inch wedges. It's a kids party so she kept it pg for the most part. As we walk across her lawn I get this feeling someone is staring at me so I turn around and there is non other than Duke Chelsey Wheeler. Yes Chelsey is his name. I died of laughter when I found out. He looks surprised to see me. He has a look of determination on his face then he starts walking my way. I mean he has gotten hot since the last time I seen him but holy smokes he like whooooooeeeeee. But anyway I have to keep my composure, he is the guy that tortured me all my life.

"Des your brother is here, but we can worry about that later." As we walk in the house we are bombarded with noise. 9 & 10 year olds are cruel and I am not just saying that. They trapped the clown in the cupboard.

"Who's ready to see some dancing?" As Des distracts them I let the clown out and pay him for his time. But when I turn around Duke is there again.

"Can I help you? Because you must be lost Robby." I call him Robby because when I was in grade school he would always try to play cops and robbers with me stealing all my toys.

"I came to ask you something. And it's a long shot but will you ever consider............ Changing your face because that was priceless. You probably thought I was gonna ask you out or something."

My face was full of surprise and anger but before I could do anything about it I was called to the stage to do my routine. Des started it with a little bit of old school and I brought in some Latina flavor. In the end we just did the stanky leg and called it a day. Kids don't recognize good dancing. When I came back to reality and I seen Duke standing there my anger bubbled over and I swear he could not run out of there fast enough. He looked like Garfield when he smells lasagne.

"Okay Leslie I'm serious now. Will you be my dance partner for the new TV show. I want to audition and you are my last resort."

"That's the perfect way of getting someone to dance with you. How about you come see me in kiss my ass."

"Please Leslie what do I have to do to get you to say yes?"after he said that he looked like he regretted it and I had a mischievous sparkle in my eye.

"Duke, you have to do my personal bidding as long as you're here and I'll be your partner." with that I sasheyed away and almost fell on my face as I turned the corner.