Chapter 10: Sparking Jealousy Pt.2

"OOH!" Sakura squealed as she dashed to another store, leaving a chuckling Ikuto. She then got out not even a second later, with two shopping bags."Let's go to this one now!" Sakura yelled out in glee, as she pulled Ikuto by the arm towards a cute anime store.

"You don't get out often do you?" Ikuto asked as Sakura was looking at a cute anime plushy of Sesshoumaru.

Sakura's face became sad, and she shook her head." No, my brothers don't want me to go out alone, they say it isn't safe. So I'm always in my room alone or in the garden. I mean I love my brothers, but sometimes it gets lonely without someone else to talk to." Sakura said in a sad tone, but she suddenly smiled and looked up at Ikuto, with a big happy expression. " But now that you're here I won't be lonely anymore!" Sakura, then looked down and asked." You won't leave me right?"

Ikuto felt his heart pound as fast as a cheetah and he ruffled her hair." I'm not going anywhere squirt."

"Hey! I'm not that short!" Sakura said, but Ikuto just took her hand, grabbed a handful of anime plushies and walked to the cashier.

"You have me, and I'm sure Yui is pretty attached to you too." IKuto said, and Sakura looked up at him, from under her eyelashes.' What is this-this feeling in my chest?' Sakura thought as she place her palm where her heart rested.'It's going Doki, Doki,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ikuto?" Sakura asked as the two sat down in a cafe, waiting for their hot chocolate.

"Yeah Princess?" Ikuto asked as he gave his undivided attention to her.

Sakura shifted a bit and then looked up to meet his purple blue eyes." H-How did you become my protector?"

Ikuto smirked and leaned towards her, so he could whisper into her ear." I was your lover in the past, and I had to protect you." Ikuto leaned back to see Sakura's cheeks a pale pink. He chuckled into his hand and said," I was only joking."

"D-Don't joke about that! You know I can't fully remember my past." Sakura stuttered and Ikuto suddenly looked sad.'Why do his eyes look so.....disappointed?' Sakura gently placed her hand onto Ikuto's hand which was on the table, and he looked up at her in surprise." Ikuto, are you okay?"

Ikuto began blushing a soft barely noticeable light pink, as he stared in Sakura's eyes. Ikuto began reminiscing the past,and he spoke without meaning to." I wanted to devote myself to you, I wanted to protect your smile. You were the light in my life, you made me want to become better."

Sakura looked at Ikuto with big innocent eyes, but her cheeks were a pale pink." Y-You knew me when I was little?" Ikuto smiled a genuine smile, and he placed his palm on her cheek, gently rubbing under her eyes with his thumb.

"I met you the day you were born, but I was order to remain in the shadows. The only ones who knew about me being your protector was your father and your brother, not even your mother knew." Ikuto said and Sakura looked in to his eyes. The two began slowly leaning towards each.'My heart.......why is it beating so fast?Is it that I love Ikuto? My brothers.....don't make me feel like this.........' Sakura thought as she slowly closed her eyes, and then Ikuto's lips met Sakura's in a chaste kiss.' Ikuto...do I love you?'

The two parted from their kiss, and just stared intently at each other, unaware of the jealousy filled gazes they earned from six pairs of eyes, and one love filled gaze sent towards Sakura, from a golden pair of eyes.