Chapter 14 - Ryley

I TRIED CALLING Ashleigh back, but her phone went straight to voicemail. Knowing my brother, I could only imagine the stupid shit he must've said to piss her off. Whatever she did to him, I was pretty sure he deserved it. There were times when I wanted to lay into him for the way he treated people, especially women. He wasn't exactly known for his smooth words.

When I pulled up to the house, I rushed out of my car and straight through the front door. "Cam," I shouted, "where are you?"

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," he growled from the second floor.

Rushing up the stairs, I found him in one of the bedrooms, face red with rage and tied to the bed ... completely naked. Eyes wide, I put my hand over my mouth to hide my smile. "Yeah, that's right, laugh it up," he hissed. "Get me the fuck out of here."

"I will, but first tell me what happened. Ashleigh called me to come get you. What did you do to her?"

"Oh, fuck that bitch," he shouted. "You better not be hooking up with her tomorrow. This same shit will happen to you."

I highly doubted that because I wouldn't have been stupid enough to let her tie me up; it would've been a deal breaker. "You don't have to worry about that," I told him. "She told me that we could both kiss her ass. She's done. Now what did you do to her?"

"Not a damn thing other than call her annoying because she kept asking me questions. I didn't bring her here to talk to her. I brought her to fuck her."

That was his mistake right there. You couldn't treat a girl like Ashleigh in that way and not have her retaliate. She was out of our league and I knew it, but I also knew how to play her ... he didn't.

"And did you ... fuck her?" I asked. He'd gotten off somehow; his body was covered in his come.

Clenching his teeth, he closed his eyes and huffed. "No, I didn't. Now untie me. I can't feel my damn hands."

As soon as I had him untied, he jumped off the bed, heading straight to the bathroom and into the shower. I had a feeling that wasn't all that happened, and if Camden wasn't going to tell me I had no other choice but to go to Ashleigh herself.

Before leaving to head back to Los Angeles, I waited downstairs for Camden to finish up his shower and get dressed because I wanted to see if I could get any more information from him. Unfortunately, he was still seething when he thundered down the steps.

"She must have really done a job on you," I said. "I don't think I've ever seen you this pissed off at a girl. She's probably going to tell Gabriella what happened, so you might as well tell me and get it over with."

"Who cares? I don't give a shit what she tells Gabriella."

"You should," I snapped. "Gabriella is our friend."

Camden poured himself a tumbler of whiskey from the bar and scoffed. "Gabriella is your friend. She doesn't care about hanging out with me. It's all you. You're the one everybody would rather be with. Even Ashleigh wanted you more than me."

Now that pissed me off.

"Really? That's what this is about? Did you ever stop to think that maybe she would've wanted you if you weren't such an asshole?"

"Whatever, Ryley," he backfired. "I have never had to work for a piece of ass, and I don't plan on starting any time soon."

"Well, if that's how you want to be, fine. However, I'm not going to let you drag me down with you." Turning on my heel, I marched to the door and opened it wide.

"Where are you going?" Camden shouted, following along behind me. "You're going to her, aren't you?"

When I got out to my car, I opened my door and glared at him. "Yes, I'm going to her. I don't want her thinking I'm anything like you."

"But you are! You're worse than me!"

"Maybe before," I said, getting into my car, "but not this time."

I needed to make things right.

***