Part II- The Castle

The castle is old, crumbling in some parts, completely in ruins in others. It is a dull boring grey. The kind of grey you'd get if you mixed dark grey and lighter together. And yet, in spite of it being the most cruel and wicked places in the land, it stands there with this age-old, amazing, strange sort of beauty. As I ride in, the sun begins to peek up from the horizon. At least I won't be going in there in the dark. As I step through the broad, majestic doorway, Blitzle whimpers and slowly backs away.

"Oh, you're such a sook Blitzle. Why do you hate this place so much?" I think I am about to find out.

I can smell the malevolence in the stale air around me, making it way into my lungs. It's, well, DIM. The words are filling my head, I can't stop them. The disgusting scar that has brought me so much pain, glows as the words pour into my very being. I collapse to the cold, dusty ground and scream the most agonizing shriek you will probably ever hear.

I am coughing up blood. BLOOD, BLOOD, BLOOD. I can't stop the words, but I have to save Neil from the trouble he's getting himself into. He's not just going where his dreams tell him to; he's headed straight down death row. I guarantee Skilyn is just waiting for him in the bell tower. TOWER, TOWER, TOWER. I have an urgent need to follow the words.

UP, UP, UP. The words force me to go up the stairs. I can see the door. It's a lonely door, almost off its hinges, slightly ajar. It's creaking in the wind. I slowly push it open. It lets out a small screech, which disrupts the sweet, sweet silence.

A wave of nausea hits me as I steep into the cold, windy room. A large window to my left lets in a gentle breeze and the morning sunlight. I look across the room and see the entire wall splattered in red, dripping down the walls. Neil has an axe through his head. SEE, SEE, SEE. The voice is chanting in my head, getting louder and louder. See, see, see, see, SEE. I told you.

I can see my scar flaring with white and red light. My arm starts to ache. Suddenly, I fall to the ground. Skilyn walks in front of me, an axe in her hand.

"I told you in the forest five years ago, I would find you."

I see a bright flash of light, then darkness. I remained in the tower, axe through my head. It was a few years at least. Then I saw something, my best and most loyal friend, Blitzle. For once I can see why she didn't want to come in here. She wanted to protect me.

I felt she could feel me there with her, so I tried. TELL EVERYONE. MY NAME IS...

SECRET