Chapter 15~ Yeah I Have a Girlfriend, but You Wouldn't 'Noah'

Fact: I was the biggest idiot in the world.
Fact: Sam officially thought that Noah was my boyfriend.
Fact: Noah was not aware of this.

So, I did the only possible thing I could think of and borrowed my dad's car and drove to Noah's house to tell him.

Or chicken out and make something up; either way.

It was only as I pulled up outside the gates of the mansion and noticed that all the lights were off that I realised it was almost one in the morning. I'd been sat fretting over my lie to Sam for next to eight hours. What kind of human being even did that?

I hopped out of the car and tiptoed like a ninja around the house, past the pool and onto the green grass underneath what I hoped was Noah's window.

Here goes nothing, I thought as I groped the ground for a pebble. I located a small, sharp-looking stone and tossed it around in my hands, checking subtly to make sure there were no lurkers about... other than me, of course. I closed one eye and fired my pebble up to the window, watching it bounce on the glass.

Except, it didn't bounce.

With a loud, sharp screech the glass gave way and fragments flew into Noah's room with the pebble, leaving a jagged hole in the middle of the window.

"What the fuck?!"

I slapped my hand over my mouth as the light in Noah's room flicked on, and I ran around frantically to find a hiding spot.

Holy holy macaroni and cheese!

"Cupid?!" Noah's voice appeared from the window, and, realizing I'd been caught, I squinted and wrinkled my nose. I turned to face him slowly and re-opened my eyes, offering him a sheepish wave.

He crossed his arms over his--shirtless, may I add-- torso and sighed.

***

"You did what?" Noah asked me with a tired expression, rubbing his hand over his face.

"I didn't know what to say!" I wailed, flopping down on Noah's bed and burying my face in the pillows. They were soft and fluffy, and smelled like Noah's aftershave. After sweeping up the glass on his floor, Noah had snuck me into his room via the pool door.

"You could've just, uh I don't know, not told her anything?" Noah said sarcastically, making me groan.

"I had to Noah! You don't know Sam like I do; she knew something was up and she wasn't going to drop it until-"

"-It's fine." Noah cut me off, and I stared at him, dumbfounded.

"What?"

Noah took a deep, steadying breath and looked up slowly, his eyes glassy and filled with an unreadable emotion. "I said it's fine. Just go along with it and tell her we still want to keep it a secret; she can't tell anyone about us."

I gulped and mulled it over for a moment, chewing on my lip. I could feel Noah's gaze burning into me.

"You really think that'll work?"

He shrugged. "She's your best friend, just be convincing."

He made it sound so damn easy. I'd been sat in my room for eight freaking hours trying to think of a way to weasel out of the lie and he thought of a solution in less than five minutes. Typical.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a moment until I glanced guiltily over at the window. "Sorry for breaking your window."

Noah smirked misvhievously. "It's fine. Sorry for breaking into your house through your window... twice."