Present Day

Prologue

I look down at my phone, he replied. I knew he was busy, as he went down to London to visit his family for three weeks so the chance of a reply was small. I couldn't believe it, it's been a month since I last saw him, I miss him like crazy and the first thing he said as I read the text since the last time I spoke to him was "Once a hoe, always a hoe"- Harry.

I called him a snake, he found out about my little stunt with Malik, aka Zayn, and then he went straight to Zayn's ex-girlfriend to tell her about what happened. He had no right to be spreading my business around, especially now that we have broken up. I look down at my phone once again, only to see the three dots that indicate he's writing another message...

- I need to say something, look...

We both fucked up, and maybe if we didn't, things would've been different. If you didn't kiss Sam that time maybe I wouldn't of felt the need to get back at you. I regret it and when you did go behind my back that time with Samuel I still had love for you and took you back. I thought things maybe could've got better. But they didn't, we both distanced from each other and things didn't progress, I can't imagine what I put you through but just know that I still love you. I'll still care for you. There's also another thing... when I found out about you and Zayn, I never told anyone... but it did hurt; although we weren't together anymore. There, done, you may think I'm childish because we're young but I know adults make mistakes like this, my own dad did with my mum. It took me a lot to apologise and put my pride down, and you know that. - Harry.

I knew it took him a lot to write that... he was the kind of boy with such a huge ego he always hid his emotions, only cared about his reputation and would never put his pride down simply because he thought he was 'The Man'. I could feel that familiar lump in my throat that would make it difficult for me to breathe; and then the tears came down, uncontrollably. I read through the text twice to see if it was even him that I was speaking to. I didn't think he would ever apologise for what he did.

The thing that stuck to my mind was 'I still love you'. That's all I really cared about. The fact that the feelings were still there after all that time, because although my tears had stopped after the break up, the memories would still come through. I'd still waste my nights going through pictures and old messages and remembering the good times were everything seemed too good to be true...

And that's exactly what his words were- too good to be true.