Prologue Part 2

"Dinner!” Mrs. Singh called.

                                 “Coming!” we replied. We walked towards the adult campsite. There was a little path from ours to theirs, so we wouldn’t get lost. I sniffed the air. They were making hot dogs. I hope I got a sandwich. Or maybe I should eat meat. I decided to eat some meat for a change. We sat on the old logs around the ashes, which Mr. Singh was attempting to coax a fire out of. It sparked and we cheered. We found some dead branches and threw them into the fire. 

                             “Hotdogs for dinner! There’s ice in the cooler!” he announced. “Izzy, would you like a sandwich?’’

                             “I’m going to have meat, Mr. Singh.” I answered.

                             “Great to know! I make great hotdogs, you know!” He winked.

                              “We know!” Mrs. Singh agreed. We all started eating our hotdogs out the buns and the wieners on sticks and stuck them over the fire.                         “This is nice and peaceful.” She added

                               “Ya!” We agreed.    ***

                             Once we were done eating, we replaced out hotdogs with marshmallows. 

                               “Mmmmm!” I munched on one.

                               “Aah!” Brieanna yelped as hers caught fire. She flung it into the lake.                

                               “Don’t leave it in the fire THAT long!” Indi playfully scolded. Madi and I giggled. 

                                “I won’t!” Brieanna agreed.

                                “Time for campfire songs!” announced Mr.Singh

                                “Lets do spooky stories!” Brieanna argued.

                                 “I agree!” I agreed.  

                                 “I’ll start.” Indi added.

                                 “There once was a dog. He was snow-colored and very nice. He loved to play and was loyal. He loved his owners. The dog’s name was Frost.

                                 “His owners were caring too, and let travelers stay in their home. Frost enjoyed the company. But one night, a strange man came into the house. He asked for food and a place to sleep. The owners gladly let him, but Frost didn’t agree.

                                  “Frost barked and growled at the man. His owners put him in their bedroom and said ‘Sorry, he’s not usually like this.’  Frost banged on the door. 

                                   “The next morning, the neighbors heard a scream. Frost was gone, and so was the stranger.”

                                   “WHAT HAPPENED TO POOR FROST!” I yelled.

                                   “No one knows! And they say, sometimes you can hear him banging on the door, trying to get out.”

                                   “Thats sad.” commented Mr. Singh. “So is this; bedtime.”

                                    “Awwwh!!!” We said.