Chapter 1

*Taylors POV

I awoke to the sound of my alarm. Today was another day of hiding my secret. I was turned at the age of 17, so I still go to high school. I was just turned this year, but I turned 18 soon after. I didn't know much about how things ran with most vampires because I never payed attention to other vampires. I just wanted to live a normal life like I had been before everything changed. I got out of my bed, and walked into my bathroom. My hair was messy, but not too bad because I had just put it into a small bun before going to bed. I let my hair fall down, going a little below my shoulders. I jumped in the shower and kept my hair down. I didn't really have anyone to impress, so I didn't put any makeup on. When I was completely ready, I headed downstairs to get breakfast and head to school. I lived with two other vampires. A woman that seemed to have been turned in her twenties, and a guy who looked to have been turned at my age. We seemed like a family, but in reality, we spent very little time together. I grabbed a pop tart and walked out the door, glad that I can get away from the other two. Both of them drank blood, which I have denied to drink. I was slowly dying and I embraced it. I didn't want to live as a vampire anymore, but Kyle thought differently. Kyle was also a vampire who has been begging me to drink enough blood to survive, but I kept pushing him away. There was nothing good that has come out of being a vampire.

I soon arrived to school, walking straight to the gymnasium. From there, I picked up my schedule and headed to my locker, putting in the combination that was on the paper. I pulled on the locker but it wouldn't budge. Oh just my luck ,I thought to myself. Once again, I get one of the broken lockers. I walked down to the office after trying a few more times. From there, they decided to assign me a new locker, not bothering to look at the broken one. I headed in that direction, and that's when I bumped into her. There was something off about her, but I didn't bother to find out. "I'm sorry." I said "I wasn't paying attention." I kneeled down and picked up the papers she dropped, and handed them back to her.

"My name's Rose" she said. I gave her a small smile, trying to seem a little friendly.

"I'm Taylor. It's nice to meet you. I hope we'll see each other again some time." I said, walking off after introducing ourselves. I went to my locker, setting my stuff in it and headed off to gym class, my first class of the day. I silently hope that nobody will find out what I really am. I started to see reasons why I should live. Reasons why I should drink blood again.

*Rose's POV

I wake up thanks to three little mutts, or pups, or whatever you want to call them. They were jumping on my bed calling me nuna (Big sister - used by boys) and eonni (same definition but only used by girls) it was so annoying that I bolted upright and gritted my teeth. Trying so hard to control what they call 'our inner wolf' but trust me is not easy. Don't get me wrong, I Love children, but since being turned two days ago I have only had a very short time to get used to all this wolf, pack, and learning everything there is to learn. I also think I'm going crazy. Two days ago I found the murderer of my family, I had my mind set in making him suffer just like I did. Now whenever I see him, I bow my head and submit. I still hate him though. That's never going to change. I get snapped out of my thoughts when the mom of the mutts enters my room calling for them and they run after her. Before she leaves the room she tells me to get ready, that I'm going to a new school. Where 'our' pack attends."Our pack my ass" I mutter under my breath and of course she hears me and lets out a low growl. She then leaves after telling me I have 20 minutes to get ready and eat breakfast. I instantly get up, realizing I don't have much time and run into the bathroom. I proceed to brush my teeth and my short hair, I don't use much makeup but I do use some mascara, eyeliner and some chapstick. On rare occurrences I use a little perfume, but this two days I have been wearing tons. Why? well because werewolves have a heightened sense of smell and I am just taking advantage of that. So with that in mind I get dressed and spray myself with some perfume, a lot of perfume. It also helps to hide my scent, I want to seem a little normal today. Once I am done I grab my backpack and leave the house.I arrive at school a few short minutes after. The school is pretty big so I have a hard time finding the main office but when I do the secretary seems to know who I am already.

"Rose, welcome to Winterview Academy. Here is your schedule and this is a list of our after school clubs, now off you go." she turned around and left. After that I left the office and wondered around the academy looking for room 201 D. I walked the whole school twice and the bell had already rung. Great, I thought. Late for class on my first day. I looked down at my schedule once again and when I look up I end up crashing into someone. All my papers fell and there was this weird smell coming from her, but I couldn't quite distinguish it. Hell, I could barely even smell it thanks to my perfume. "I'm sorry." she said. "I wasn't paying attention." she then kneeled down to pic up my papers. I was about to do the same but she had already picked them up and was now handing them to me.

"My name's Rose" I said while grabbing the papers. She gave me a small smile. "I'm Taylor. It's nice to meet you. I hope we'll see each other again some time." she walked off. 'What is it with people walking off? gee..' I whispered to myself while I walked towards where I believed my class was located.