Part 1

Say you'll  you remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset babe...

Wildest Dreams played on my earphones. I walked through the gates of my basic school. The concrete was wet with orange and red leaves stuck on the floor and under my leather boots.

"Good morning Avery" said my principal with a fake smile on her face. She hates me just like 80% of the rest of my school, but hey, I don't blame them. I can't help my sassy attitude.

I see my friends standing on the ramp of our classroom.

"Hey guys." I say as I unplugged my earphones and put them in my army green book bag.

We hung out and gossiped for a few minutes until our class started.

_________________________________________

7 hours later and I'm finally out of hell. My favorite part of the day.

I lived 15 minutes away from my school, so I usually walk. The weather here in Portland isn't too bad yet, but I do expect it to be poring rain by next week.

I consider myself to be independent and calm. I don't like people, well at least the fake, annoying people that I know.

Reading is a second nature to me. If you know me, then you know that I always have a book on me. I also love writing. I actually have an anonymous blog where I write about current controversial topics. I know, kinda strange for a 16 year old girl.

Most teenagers I know are all about that party and rebellious life. I'm no where near that type.  Growing up in a split family has really made me become crabby. Everything and everyone seems to tick me off, so I like to keep my circle small.

I finally approach the concrete steps of my home. My parents saved up for a very long time to purchase an old victorian house with lots of character. They covered he entire front yard with flowers and trees which gets lots of attention from people passing by. When I open my front door, I'm greeted by my corgi, Rocky. His little tail wags back and forth as I speak to him in my squeaky baby voice. This first thing I do when I get home from school is blast music on my stereo. Impromptu dance parties are mine and Rocky's favorite.

After dancing our tails off, I clean up the house a little. I live with my mom and dad. I am also an only child, which is great because I can't imagine a little child running around everywhere. My dad is a chef at a fancy restaurant downtown and my mom is a yoga instructor. Not your usual occupations for parents.

I finish up folding clothes and decide to lie on the couch to watch tv. The front door knob wiggles, and my mom comes in.

"How's my precious water lily?" says my mom, putting down bags of groceries, "I saw a farmers market and stopped by. Who knew they made vegan dog food? Rocky's gonna eat healthy now, huh baby?" she imitates the squeaky voice that I use.

"Oh god, you're going to kill him. You're going to have a dead daughter and a dead dog. All this vegan food is literally killing me. I need a burger!"

"I only want us to be a healthy family. As long as you live under my roof, you will eat the food I make unless you buy your own, which I doubt you will."

I rolled my and walked away to my room.

Instead of working on homework, I go on Tumblr, obviously. Marina and the Diamonds on repeat and this pack of Oreos to myself; nothing beats this.

After what seemed like fifteen minutes ends up being two hours, so I finally attempt to do homework, and by attempt, I mean just copy the problem onto the paper. What teacher actually checks your answers?

My phone vibrates.

I expected a notification from E News or a game request on Facebook, but it actually a message from Jared DeNino.

Jared was the pitcher for my school's baseball team. He's known for his popularity and hotness. A bad boy reputation was a rumor about him, but he does not seem like that at all.

Hey Avery

I'm kinda confused. Why, out of all the girls at our school, on a Thursday night, would Jared text me? I was flattered, but very confused.

Hey! I reply

Wyd?

Oh no, his grammar sucks. Why can't he just type out "What are you doing?"

Not much, just listening to music.

Cool. So can you send me pics of the homework for Chem?

And there goes my hope. He's only using me for homework. I knew it was too good to be true.

Here you go *sends pictures*

Thanks oh and I was wondering if you're busy tomorrow night?

Oh my god. Is he asking me out? My palms started to sweat as butterflies filled my stomach.

No, I don't have anything planned. Why?

Cool, do you want to go to the movies?

Sure, meet me at the downtown theater at 7?

Sounds like a plan

I fall back onto my bed.

Jared DeNino just asked me on a date. I can't help but to scream a little and kick my feet in the air from excitement.

My mom bursted into my room.

"What's wrong child?" She says searching my body for wounds.

"I'm going on a date!"

She grabs my hands and jumps up and down with me.

If only this state of happiness could last forever.

_________________________________________

Here's chapter 1! Please vote and comment! I love feedback!

Have a great day!

xoxo