Secret Order - chapter 2

Chapter 2

     The plane landed at a private airport. There were strange people who expected us. My father nodded to the man who stood at the front. He also nodded. They escorted us to a big SUV. It was black and the glasses too. But I still knew that there was a driver. We got in the car. I was ordered to remain silent. Given what happened earlier on the plane, I had no intention to contest the orders of my father. Damn! I know they are strict, but now… Now I understand that they have no mercy. How exactly have become family? No wonder that we had not photos. I bet my mom is not smiles, even when I was born. These so-called people had no feelings. I convinced that myself.

     I cannot say where we go. Even the driver did not speak. But I felt his gaze. I looked him in the mirror, but saw nothing. No reaction. Just a stone expression. Becomes crazier. It turned out that travel by car is not as long. Although to me it seemed like an eternity. On top of that I was hungry. My stomach would not stop it reminds me. I opened my mouth to tell my mother, but before I do, she handed me a sandwich. She had not prepared it, of course. It was bought from a supermarket or other place for fast food. I do not care when my hunger will increase.

*

     The car stopped and the driver goes out. He opens the back door. First came my father. Then my mother pushed me out and come after me. Damn! We were in front a huge metal gate. So great that I wanted to touch it. I took a few steps without anyone to tell me to stop. But I stopped, because that seemed suspicious. And there was a reason. I saw a squirrel that came to the gate. It wanted to pass on the other side. Then lightly touch the grid with his little fluffy tail. The next moment he lay dead and from there the sparks fly. Damn! At the gate is electrified. If it was not the squirrel, surely now I would be in his place.

     I looked fiercely at my parents. That they did not stop me? They wanted to see what will happen? This sucks. They I said something that no child should not be uttered.

-I really am your daughter?

     Then I turned back to them. But that did not stop my mother hit me such a slap that made me step back. The shock stunned me more than actual impact. Even I felt the metallic taste in my mouth. Taste of blood. I did not dare to move from my place. In this moment I could not understand why they behave like this. As if they were not the same people who were with me through all seventeen years of my life. When my mother stepped toward me, I instinctively pulled back. I did not want to be closer to me. I did not want any of them to approach me.

     While proceeding back bumped into someone and automatically stepped back. I turned and fell to the ground. I looked up and stood in front of me… There was a woman. Was tall and slender. She had beautiful long dark blond hair and sky blue eyes. She was wearing a long white dress that almost completely blended with the color of her skin. She did not look so scary. In fact, she smiled and handed me a hand.

-Don’t be afraid, my girl!

    “My Girl”? But she seemed a little older than me. Why call me like I was a child? But her voice was soothing. I grabbed her outstretchedhand  and she helped me to stand.

-So you’re Jane? My name is Ophelia. I’m glad that you came.

     She smiled nice, but that does not make me feel better.

-I had no choice. – I did not smiling because I was too scared.

     The woman looked at my parents. Her face was still nice, though no longer smiling.

-I see that you have not told her. I’m sure you were not very kind to her and for that she is so scared.

     Then she turned to me. She got my hands which still trembling. She smiled to me, but I still felt embarrassed. Nobody was so kind to me. I grew up in the ‘barracks’. This was so suspicious. The woman asked me to follow her. I did it. I could hear their footsteps behind me, but I do not turned. Ophelia told me that it was like boarding school. But this was different. Most things that are studied here were related to combat. Martial arts, weapons, magic and all that kind of things. There was another detail that made me freeze in place. She said that everyone on this place is… vampires. This shocked me. While this explains what happened on the plane.

-Can I ask you something? – I asked her, but my voice started to tremble.

-Of course, Jane!

-And my family…? We are also…?

-Of course.

-Me?

-Yes.

     She smiled with all my questions. Perhaps she thought she would help me to calm down, but the truth is that made me feel like a complete fool. Maybe I am when I have not noticed the signs. And that made me think. I cleared my throat and asked:

-Well… How old are… my parents?

-Why do not you ask them?

-Well, the idea is not good,

     She laughed and her laughter sounded like bells. Gentle and melodic.

-Well, William – your father, is over 2,500 years old, and Elizabeth – your mother, is little more that 2,000 years old.

     She said it as calmly as if it were something normal. Damn! My parents are ancient. I am in school for monsters… What more can happen?