C H A P T E R 1

(A/N: most of the book will now be in Anna's P.O.V. A couple chapters will be in Aaron's but mostly Anna. Please comment any feedback and just what you think.)

It had been a whole week since Evan was gone. Seven whole days.

I was still numb, watching everyone else chat while I stood alone on the verge of another round of tears.

How could these people talk normally? I even saw a boy try to flirt with a girl.

What the hell?! This was a funeral! Not a club!

I looked away and fixed my little black dress of any wrinkles. I didn't want to dress up but mom said it wasn't best to wear sweats at a funeral.

If Evan didn't care about his life than I shouldn't care about how I look at his funeral.

Questions constantly swirled around in my head.

Why would he do it? Why didn't he leave a note and at least give me that closure?

"You ok, Anna? The service is over, you know. We can leave," Mom said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine," I hissed.

Mom went silent and I sighed.

"I'm ok. I want to stay," I said softly.

"Ok. Just let me know when you want to go," Mom replied.

I nodded and Mom walked away. I saw a table with a whole bunch of food on it but I wasn't hungry. The last time I'd eaten was yesterday morning and it was only an apple that Mom forced me to eat.

I leaned against the wall and saw Mom over where Evan's mom was. Evan's mom was an even bigger mess than I was. After all, Evan was her everything. I remembered Evan telling me one day that his mom was always on his case.

The sun shone down on us and I squinted my eyes to look at Evan.

"I'm sure she's just trying to help. You're already doing so well that she doesn't want to see you fail," I assured.

"I get that. But I need space too. Sometimes, I just wanna get away from here," Evan said.

"You'd take me with you, right?" I asked.

"Of course. We could go to Paris or something," Evan answered.

"Paris is the city of love, after all," I said.

"Yeah," Evan muttered, looking away.

I blinked and suddenly I was back at Evan's house. I could overhear Mom and Evan's mom talking so I just listened in.

"How are you holding up?" Mom asked.

"Just hanging in there, I guess. Aaron and Jack should be here any minute now," Evan's mom answered.

"Oh yes. How long has it been since Aaron has been here?" Mom asked.

"Nine years now," Evan's mom answered.

"Wow. So Jack and Aaron are moving back to town, eh?" Mom said in disbelief.