Journal

AN

Hope you're enjoying reading as much as I enjoy writing ~ A chapter without Lucas is making me depressed as sh*t. Guess I just enjoy writing his rude comments and angryface way too much! - E

I held my breath for some reason, feeling my throat tingle in discomfort. My body was frozen in fright, actually seeing my dead grandmother dressed in white right before my eyes. She didn't look that well, her body sunken, tired, like she was so done with everything. Like she just wanted rest.

"Grandma," I called out, exhaling loudly and took a step into the mist. I hardly recognized her face, only to realize it had been maybe eight-nine years since I last visited her. A gust of guilt stuck to my shoulders, not really remembering why we didn't visit her more. Dad knew she was alone. Was he too busy with work? And I never bugged him to visit her either.

Grandma smiled, her wrinkles pulling up with her mouth, her face warm and gentle. I walked through the mist, but stopped right before her. I am not sure if I can touch her or not. She is my grandmother, but yet I feel that I do not know her well enough to give her a hug.

"Hannah, I can finally speak with you." She said, her voice so fragile and gentle. I stared into her eyes, feeling like I was looking into my own reflection. This woman had the same eyes as myself. I did not inherit my mother's blue eyes, nor my father's blue, grey eyes. I inherited hers, my grandma's. The eyes I cursed my entire life. They looked weirdly good on her, seeming gentle but yet so horrifying. She had the same stare that I had.

"Oh Hannah, I was so worried," She suddenly sighed, walked a few steps towards me, her legs shaking as she did. I reached out and pulled her to a hug, holding her up. "Let us sit down," I said worried, helping her down on the ground, mist swaying around our bodies. She sat on her side, seeming like she had it better while not standing.

"You have grown. You are such a nice young lady now, dear Hannah," Grandma spoke gently, stroking over my blond hair, pulling my long fringe away from my face to take an extra look at me. I just smiled, not knowing what to say to that.

"I wanted to tell you were a bit older. Last time I met you, Hannah you were just a child. I couldn't tell you." Her smile drooped, still holding my fringe out of the way from my face. I stroke it behind me ear, Grandma continuing to stroke my cheek. Her hand felt cold, making me wonder if she really felt temperature. She was not alive, was she..?

"Tell me." I said, it only coming out as a gasp. I hesitated, and so did she. She watched me with wary eyes, analyzing me. I gave her a dedicated nod, wanting her to know that I was ready for whatever she was going to tell me. But somehow, I sort of already knew. I was a.. carrier of magical blood?

"Hannah, our family," She said, taking my hand in hers and flipped it around, stroking the pit of my palm and down my wrist. Her skin felt like ice, making me get goosebumps all over my arm. "Our family possess powers, abilities," She said with such a careful voice, studying my expression. I could see she got a little surprised as I didn't scream or run.

"Just like the Brownlow's." I whispered, Grandma's strokes stopping up completely. She hesitated, her eyes studying my face then let it drop down to our hands. "Did you meet him?" She asked, stroking over my wrist and to my palm again.

"Yes. He is in my class.." I mumbled, Grandma's head whipping up and looked into my eyes. I flinched of the surprise of the white in her iris, like looking into my own reflection.

"Oh," She didn't look happy. "So he entered school.." She said puzzled, playing with the laces on the end of her white long plain dress, squeezing the fabric between her fingers.