Chapter One

Setting the Scene:

It's the morning of Bryan's birthday and he's so excited for his party Saturday. He really only wants his family, his girlfriend, and Alex there, but unfortunately Sarah lives almost four hundred miles away so it's not exactly possible for her to travel here on such short notice. He would still be happy about everyone else being there. He hurries to get ready to catch the bus.

=^•^=

<Bryan's POV>

I walk into my first period class and sit down in the seat next to Alex. "Hey, are you sure you can make it this weekend?" I ask. "It's okay if you can't."

"Dude, chill. I'm coming to your party. I wouldn't miss it for the world," he says with a smile.

I immediately relax and let out the breath I didn't even realize I was holding. "Okay, good."

I head back to my assigned seat and open up my binder to a clean sheet of paper to write down the notes we need for the day.

=^•^=

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

I roll over to hit the off button on my alarm and look at the time. 9 o' clock. Wait, today's Saturday. I gasp and throw the covers off and jump to get ready.

I'm so excited for today. What should I wear? I have nothing to wear! Oh god, I have to look good today. I have to look good.

I stop what I'm doing. Wait, what? It's just Alex, why am I so nervous? I shake the feeling off and grab something randomly and get dressed.

After I'm done, I go check my phone and see a text from Sarah.

Her:
Hope you have a great birthday party babe have fun I love you xx

Me:
I will I love you too :) xx

I plug my phone back in and walk off to go help out set up for the party.

=^•^=

Around four, my sister's friend, Brittany, shows up. I hold open the door for her and gesture inside. "Come on in."

"Thanks, Bryan," she says as she runs up the stairs to Kaity's room. I look around outside. No sign of Alex. Where is he?

=^•^=

It begins to get dark out but Alex still hasn't shown up. I'm worried he's not gonna make it. Just as I'm about to give up hope, the doorbell rings.

"I got it!" I yell out as I check through the peephole to see who it is. It's Alex. I quickly unlock the door and fling it outward. My whole body goes tingly and hot at the sight of him. He looks so amazing even though he's just wearing the normal colorful shirt and dark skinny jeans. I can't stop looking at him.

"Are you just gonna keep staring at me or can I come in?" he asks. Oh god, he noticed.

"S-Sure," I quickly stutter out. "You can come in."

I step backwards so he can walk past and his arm brushes against mine. I shiver and get goosebumps all down my body. "Hey, you okay?"

I look over. "Yeah, it's just a little cold in here," I say with a small smile but I turn away before he can notice. "Hm, feels fine to me." he states while he turns toward me. I shut the door and close my eyes with a deep sigh. "My room is all the way down the hall to the left."

"Okay cool."

I put my back to the door and lean against it. What is happening to me? I have a girlfriend. I shouldn't be feeling like this for him. I shake my head before pushing off and slowly making my way to my room.