A Lying Embrace - Chapter 3

The infamous Hell ninja walked down the streets of Outworld, his eyes narrowed as he looked around.

Outworld wasn't his neck of the woods, and he certainly didn't mind it.

This realm wasn't any good anyhow.

The only good thing that came out of it, in his opinion, was the war of justice that was happening before the Empress died.

He thought it was good for a woman to reclaim her rightful throne from a new opposer in Outworld with a civil war for justice, as it would anytime.

In a way, it reminded him of Quan Chi, yet he didn't want to go down the road of the liar and thief of his family's life.

Scorpion, or Hanzo as some people knew him by, stopped at the Empress's old 'palace.' It was a large hideout from Kotal Kahn, designed to look like a normal building around the area.

Hanzo looked up and down the building, surprised no one else ever found the hideout.

"True Empress," he said to himself solemnly, seeming to show some mourning, "I would say that I am ashamed you have died by the hand of a bug..."

His hand grabbed the handle of the door, slowly starting to crack it open to walk inside, "But..."

The heavy doors slammed behind him, his knees quickly hitting to the floor in a bow, "That was just an imperfect copy of you."

In front of him, a woman with sharpened teeth that formed a smile looked down from a throne.

"Hanzo," she said, "You have done me well so far."

He nodded, giving her a look as he kept in his bow. Mileena gave a gesture, allowing him to get back to his feet.

She parted her lips, "Do the Earthrealmers believe you are on their side?"

Hanzo nodded, "Takeda Takashi, the one I have trained before this began, is on Johnny Cage's team of ... Champion children. They would never suspect me working with you, Empress."

Mileena gave a passionate smile to him, "Yes, I remember that now... It has been a long while since I have seen you, Hanzo."

He nodded in agreement, giving a small sigh, "I am sorry for that, Empress."

Mileena got to her feet, walking over to him with narrowed eyes, "You know... If we will really go through with this... Perhaps-"

"No," he replied almost instantly, "I accepted your offer in want of power, not a relationship. I will only be your Emperor for that reason, Mileena. Do not make me change my mind."

Mileena nodded, looking to the ground, "I am sorry..."

She sighed and crossed her arms, "I suppose I'm still not over that traitor, Reiko... I guess I am just in need of some type of comfort."

Hanzo placed a hand on Mileena's shoulder, "I understand... We need to get a battle plan worked out however."

With an agreeing gaze, they went to work on a strategic plan.

"Sonya," he said, hunched over in his chair with a pained look on his face, "Before I say anything... How did you feel about it?"

His ex crossed her arms with a sigh, "I don't know."

Johnny looked back at her, taking the ring off and placing it on the table.

He leaned back in his chair, "Well... Do you know how I feel about it?"

Sonya only shook her head, furrowing her brows in wonder.

"I feel incomplete without it," he stated, "And ... I can't deny that that's because of you."

She tried not to roll her eyes, "Johnny, we've been over this."

"That doesn't mean I'm gonna fall outta love with you," he said with a disappointed tone.

Sonya tilted her head, her eyes staring at his for a moment.

Johnny gave a small grunt, "I never told you...but..."

She leaned forward a little bit, intrigued.

"I've been having way too many problems with you gone, Sonya," he whispered, "The ring is just ... One of a lot."

She bit her bottom lip, letting him continue.

"I need you," he said, "I know you don't feel the same way...it's just that I-"

"Shh," Sonya whispered gently, her arms suddenly going around him as she rested her head on his shoulder.

Johnny looked at her for a moment in surprise, yet he quickly relaxed, wrapping his own arms around her. He had missed her touch and warm affection that she gave when they were alone, where no one could "see her go soft."

Sonya let a few words escape her mouth, "I've been a bitch... I admit that. But... I really do miss you, John."

She hugged him tighter, her face buried in the crook of his neck. Her lips brushed against the skin of his neck as she moved her head, her nose touching his when she finally did.

He looked her in the eye, breathing slowly as he wanted to lean in and kiss her at that moment, but didn't dare too.

Sonya's eyes closed as she quickly touched her lips to his, her fingers running through his hair.

Johnny kissed back, happy at the lips he touched with his, wanting to hold her there forever. He missed this so much, he had wanted it back in his life. He was so surprised that it was now, that she was here with him, embracing.

After a few moments, they pulled away from each other, gazing into each other's eyes once more.

"Johnny," Sonya started, "I..."

"Yo, Mama General," a voice called out from outside the tent, getting closer.

Sonya quickly shot up, out of Johnny's embrace, and looked towards the opening of the tent.

"I've told you not to call me that," she said, "What is it, Cassie...?"