Mother & Daughter

A wild scenery of pure golden stalks of wheat formed a large field around him as he drove along the crunchy dirt road. The radio DJ was observantly announcing today's weather in Seoul, but he was no longer in the city. He was somewhere out in the countryside, somewhere he'd never been before.

The clouds swept by overhead casting shadows over his car every time it blocked the sun from view. He thought good of it and remained patience since it kept the rays from blinding him. Making a U-turn with a deep sigh he started back down the way he'd come from upon realizing he was driving into a rice field.

Everywhere around him were gardens and more gardens. It was almost the rainy season, which meant the dirt roads would soon get muddy. It would then be difficult to drive along the roads without getting trapped in the mud and he last wanted to wait for a tow truck to rescue him.

Sehun wouldn't be here if it hadn't been for the hard month of rumors behind his back. It first started at the high school group reunion his friends wanted to have after completing their service in the army.

"Did you hear? Remember Kim Namjoo, the girl from our grade?"

"What about her?"

"I heard she has a kid running around."

"What?!" Someone voiced in astonishment.

"Really! Someone saw! Her kid's this big," the man whispered loudly, "maybe three or four years old."

"Wasn't she dating Oh Sehun during that time?"

Upon feeling a nudge from his friend he turned. The gossipers quickly turned away upon catching his eye.

"You hear that?" His friend asked.

Sehun stared at his longtime childhood friend baffled speechless. Ever since he broke up with Namjoo they never talked again.

"I heard Taejoon went to the countryside to visit his grandparents during his military vacation," Chanyeol explained, "he saw her there."

A kid?

Namjoo?

"Hey man, I don't know what happened between you two, but men who leave their girls when she's pregnant are despicable," someone shot the comment out at him before leaving the table with his drink.

"What the heck...hey, leave him alone!" Someone retaliated.

"Yea, leave him alone," someone else agreed, "who knows, the kid's probably not even Sehun's. Maybe she was so heartbroken she slept around after the breakup. The kid could be anybody's."

"Slept around?" A roar of gossip and whispers immediately traveled around the room.

"It's true. I saw her with a different man every night at the club," someone stated.

"Please, she wouldn't..."

"Do you even know how wild she was in high school? Even Sehun couldn't control her!"

Annoyed with the back talk he gulped down the rest of his drink before walking out with Chanyeol calling out after him.

But it was true. When he dated Namjoo she was wild and crazy. She drank and smoked whenever they were alone at her place. She had no father and her mother was a night time bar girl, but she wasn't a bad person. Namjoo's mother always wanted her to go to school and would even take to making her breakfast when she got home before heading to bed. Namjoo though, always rebelled.

Sehun was interested in her because she, unlike him, knew so much. He was silently rebellious too, and would follow her around; sneaking illegally into clubs. Namjoo though, was too far-fetched from him, he realized one night. When she got interested in drugs, he wanted to stop her but Namjoo would have none of his righteousness. An argument ended their relationship and he left her.