Life As a Tomboy [1]

A/N Her outfit above.

💟 Ella's POV 💟

"Ella, catch!" My best friend, Nick yells.

My instincts immediately come in as turn around and grab the ball that was thrown to me.

"Nice catch!" Nick says as he walks up to me.

"Thanks." I pass the ball back to him.

"Hey Ella! You want to play?" I look over to see Ben, my other best friend, holding a volleyball. Even though it's my favourite sport, I am really sore from yesterday's practice.

"No thanks, I'll pass. I'm still sore from yesterday."

"Okay, I'll see you later then?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Cool."

"Bye." I wave bye to him and walk to the beach for a walk. I have always enjoyed the beach, even if I'm sore. Nothing's better than a walk on the beach. Plus there are really good cafe spots here. There is one cafe that has 81 milkshakes and I think I've tried at least half of them. My favourite one is the Oreo Nutella milkshake.

I take off my worn down converse and hold them while walking down the beach sands. I go and sit down by the water. I sit there for a few minutes just listening to the waves.

I stand up, wincing a little because of my sore legs. I take off my shirt and shorts. I always wear a bikini under my clothes when I come to beach just in case. I decided I should go for a quick swim to cool off then I will go home. Home meaning Ben or Nick's house. I rarely go to my own home. Either I am at volleyball practice, skate park, school or at Ben or Nick's house.

I step into the cool water and relax immediately. The ocean always calms me. I have lived by the ocean all my life and it still doesn't get old. I suddenly feel a huge wave of water splashed on me.

I sit up and see Nick and Ben laughing their heads off. I roll my eyes and get up off the sand and start walking to get my shoes. I start heading the direction of my house. I need to take shower first and I don't want these dumbos to follow me. They will tease me about no doubt but I'm used to it by now. That's what all boys do. Being best friends with two of them, I know how to deal with it. I have been best friends with them since second grade. Ever since I was in kindergarten, I knew I am not like other girls. I didn't have any friends up until second grade because I never got along with any of the girls. they were too sensitive, they caused too much drama, they hated anything dirty, they hated bugs or anything creepy, they always loved flirting with guys, they loved to gossip, they told each other all their secrets, and they love to dress up and show off. I was the opposite. It takes a lot to make me cry, I hate drama, I love getting messy and dirty, I think any type of bug is cool, I am best friends with two boys so ew, I hate gossip (why don't people stay out of other people's business), I never have told anybody any of my secrets (not that I have any), and I have never worn a dress in my life. I normally wear a t-shirt, jeans and a hoodie.

I walk into my house and head to the bathroom.

I walk into my bathroom and strip. I turn the water on while I find a towel. I step into the warm water cascading down my back, washing off all the salt water.

I step out of the tub and grab my towel. I head to my room and grab some clothes.
I put on a Tap out tank top with jean shorts, my ball cap and my converse. I grab my phone ad purse and head out. I texted Nick earlier and figured out that we are going to go to Ben's. Luckily his house is only a couple blocks from my house, so I don't need my car.

When I get there I don't really need to knock because it's like my second home, so I just walk in. Ben is on the couch watching tv, eating Twix.

"Hey, is Nick here yet?" I ask.

"Nope, he said he had to do something first."

I just shrug it off and plop on the couch beside him and steal a Twix from him making him pout. I laugh at his face and eat the Twix just to make him pout harder.

"Why do you have such an addiction for those?"

I shrug.

"I don't know, because they are delicious."

"Good point." He says while chuckling.

Just then Nick walks in.

"Hey Nick."

"Hey Elle."

"So what are we doing tonight?" I ask.

"I dunno. What do you want to do?" Nick says.

"Is there any good movies we could see?"

"None that I want to see. Plus I don't feel like it today."

"We could just stay here and order pizza." I say.

"No, I want to go somewhere." Ben says.

"How about that new park." Nick suggests.

"Oh yeah, isn't it a water park?" Ben asks.

"It's a park and a water park."

"Even better."

"Let's go!" I yell. I grab Ben's keys and run out the door.

"Hey!" I hear footsteps behind me and I run faster. Suddenly I feel someone grab my waist from behind.

"Do you think you could get away with that?" Ben asks. Stupid quarterback.

"Of course I did, you have no competition against me."

He starts tickling me.

"Stop! Stop! It hurts!"

"Take it back."

"Never!"

He starts tickling me harder.

"Okay! Okay! I take it back!" He lets go of me and I start breathing heavily.

"Remind me to never challenge you again." I grumble. He smiles triumphantly.

"I call shot gun!" I shout. If I'm not getting to drive, I'm riding shotgun. Nick grumbles behind us.

On our way I turn up the radio since we were sitting in silence.

I whoop at the song that comes on. Centuries by Fall Out Boy. One of my favourite songs. I start singing but Ben turns the radio off.

"Hey!"

"I don't like that song." He shrugs like it's no big deal. I slump in my seat, pouting.

"Lets just play nice for tonight, okay? No competitions or anything." Nick says.

"Yes ma'am." Ben smirks. Nick glares at him.

When we get there, I jump out of the car excitedly but Ben has already beat me there.

"First one to the slide wins!"

I face palm.

Preferably with a red, searing iron bar.

Ouch.

~~~~~~~

So that concludes the first chapter.

Tell me how you like it!

Don't worry, it will get better throughout the chapters.

-Zoe