Chapter 4: Clairvoyant

"Here's the deal, fellas, I'm ready to make an agreement with you. Frankly, I've been finding myself growing awfully bored too often. However, I also hate to get my hands dirty. Kinda contradictory, ain't it? I'll have you know that I've never killed a single person in my entire life. My followers, on the other hand, have always been ready to obey my commands in the beat of a heart. Anything I say can and will be used against you. This...is where you come in. I need you to do me a favor, and in return for that favor, I'll order my followers to leave this city alone. And no one will die. ....ahh, the looks on your faces tell me you don't doubt I'd do such a horrible thing. That's good, very good. Now I should probably tell you what I need you to do, shouldn't I...?"

•••

Find the Elementalists, huh? There was a sinking feeling in my chest as I listened to Aeterna throughout his explanation. He wanted, as I said, for us to find the Elementalists, and additionally to retrieve a specific item from each of them. And the more I listened to him, the more I thought back on what I had read in that book...

'Akechi should be in possession of a pendent that's in the shape of the yin symbol. That pendent is one of the items you'll need to summon Ayano. If you're still confused, just think of it this way; it's VERY important.'

Could Aeterna...be after those items for a specific reason? Could he be trying to summon Ayano? Is he not aware that two of the Elementalists were standing right in front of him just a minute ago?? All these questions are starting to give me a headache...ah, but what am I supposed to do?! I'm helpless...without my memory, I can't do anything, and there really is no point in asking...

•••

Back at Niall's apartment, I managed to get the chance to check the book without anyone hanging curiously over my shoulder. And once again, I found some very alarming news. Vitri's message read the following:

'Shinji:
The Wind Elementalist. He possesses a necklace, just like the first two Elementalists, known as the Euleren Amulet. I must beforehand warn you of Shinji, however, for he is much unlike Sean and Akechi. Shinji will probably not hesitate to attack you the second he lays eyes on you. That's why the brothers are going to come in handy. Ah, but I don't mean in the sense that they're tools or anything. As you already know from what Sean told you, those two are already well acquainted with Shinji. Despite this, convincing Shinji to hand over the Euleren Amulet will still be an extremely difficult task. But don't worry, Hanako, I'll guide you through it. I've tracked Shinji to a remote field just outside Imakai, which is technically part of the city called Orann. Go there, and bring your friends with you. That land is very dangerous, crawling with demons and other horrifying creatures, so your sword will probably be necessary. That is, unless your friends are willing to fight for you. Either way, I have confidence that everything will turn out just fine. Good luck!'

"Something wrong, Hanako?"

Startled by Sean's voice, I hastily shoved the book back into my bag, then gazed up at him with as innocent an expression as I could manage. I don't think it worked very well. "Nothing's wrong," I insisted. "Did you, uh, d-did you need something from me?"

"Not particularly," he said, though he hung his head sadly. "Unless, by chance, you know where we could find these so-called 'Elementalists' Aeterna spoke of."

I flinched. "N-no, sorry," I lied, struggling to swallow my breath. "Never heard of 'em before."

"Didn't think so. Niall's doing his best to search for any signs, but even he doesn't know who these people are." Sean released a sigh of exasperation as he spun around, taking slow steps towards the blue haired detective while muttering something to himself.