The weird hospital

I woke up, rubbing my head and groaning in pain. Where was I? I sat up in my bed, slowly surveying my surroundings. I looked out, and saw a forest full of trees and... Wait! Trees? How come there were trees outside? I looked at the whitewashed walls and the white robe I was wearing. I was about to consider jumping out of the window when a big man, with a gun slung over his shoulder entered the room and began walking towards me.

I stared at him. I cocked my head, feeling intrigued by my new visitor. Maybe he could give me answers. Maybe he was the one who sent me here in the first place. "Where am I?" I asked the weird visitor.

The visitor didn't answer me. Instead, he told me,"Get up. You have to visit the professor."

I was curious at who this professor was. He sounded smart. And immediately after the strange man mentioned the word 'professor', I pictured a tall man wearing horn-rimmed glasses peering down at me, his hair wild and his hands were full with files labeled differently. In the picture, he was wearing a similar robe like me, but the tail of his white labcoat touched the floor.

When I saw a man wearing holiday clothes sitting on a deckchair outside sipping a pineapple smoothie, I thought it was all some kind of joke. My mouth gaping, I stared at the so-called professor. I took a seat at a deckchair next to his, sipping lemonade, my preferred drink.

"I'm sorry, David, for having a rather strange man transport you here. I'm sure you are wondering why you are here. You must be feeling extremely confused. Anyways, that strange man that entered your ward is called James. And I have answers to all your questions." At that point of time, I concluded that the professor probably read minds as a hobby.