Chapter 3: The Eyes in the Forest

Emma:
He started carrying boxes down the attic. So i went out. I was walking near the forest and I sometimes looked at him. Damn he was so strong. I could never lift up a stone statue. As I was walking I saw something in the forest. I wasn't sure what it was but it seemed like a pair of eyes. I stopped and walked into the forest. The thing started to walk towards me. And then i realized it was a wolf. A big dark one. "HEY! Emma right?" I heard someone calling me. It was him. I turned around and he shouted:" Come here! Wolfs are dangerous." I still turned towards the woods to see if the wolf is still there. It wasn't. So I came to him. "You are Emma, right?" he said with a smile. His teeth were so white. "Yeah, that's me," i said. He offered me a hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm James. I'm almost your neighbour. I live with my mother down the road. I'm not sure if we ever met before." I said silenty:" I would remember that." "Sorry?" he asked. I just shoke my head. "Nothing. Nevermind. Are you done with boxes?" I asked and smiled. I was never proud of my smile but I guess I didn't really care at the moment. "Yeah. I just finished. I'll sell them i guess," he answered. "Oh nice," was all i said. "I have to go now. Do you... Um.. I was wondering if maybe.... Do you want to come to my house for a cup or tea or something? Mom is at work. She'll come tomorrow evening." We both knew his mom wasn't at work. She was in Miami with a rich guy and she used to be on drugs all the time. "Yes, sure. Just let me grab a coat," I said. "Ok, I'll wait." He smiled. As I was walking upstairs I thought: " Is that a date?" I hoped it was. I really liked James.

James:
Emma. That girl. She was always looking like an angel. I was staring at her when I was putting the old dusty boxes on the truck. She somethimes looked at me and then blushed. She was so cute. I saw her walking near the forest when I spotted a wolf. I was always afraid of them because they killed my father when i was a small kid. I called her name and she turned around. Soon she slowly came to me. I introduced myself and offered her a hand. She shoke it and her hand was really small. I was thinking if i should ask her out. I mean she is amazing. So I asked. Well kind of. She started smiling when she figured out what I'm trying to say and her answer was yes. I was so happy. When she brought her coat I started the car. We sat in and I started driving. The road was not long and when we arrived I opened her door. She looked at my house with shiny eyes. I think she liked it.

Emma:
I got my coat and i almost ran down the stairs. I was so excited. "Grandma, I'm going to James's house. I'll be back soon." she smiled. When i came outside he was there looking at me. "You look great," he said and I blushed.

When we got to his place I stepped out of the truck and looked at the house. It was huge and grey with lots of glass windows and black roof. I was in love with it almost as much as I was in love with him.