Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"Mali.. Mali.."

I woke to the sight of Michael. I smiled a weak smile to him. I looked around, I was in a new room. I saw Joel sitting watching TV. Emerson on his lap.

"She's awake!"

Michael yelled.

Emerson and Joel rushed to my side.

 "Hey.. How you feeling' bud?"

Emerson asked swipping away the hair from my face.

 I gave her a smile then let it vanish.

"I have to leave you guys."

 I spoke softly enough that only they could hear.

 "Why?"

 Asked Joel

"If I don't leave, He will hunt me down, and anyone who stands in his way will be killed, anyone who is close to me will be killed. I cant let that happen to you guys."

 I sat up and swung my legs to the floor grabbed my stuff and went to the bathroom. I came out fully clothed.

"Mali,"

Emerson started

"I'm not changing my mind Emerson. I cant, No I wont let him hurt you!"

I turned to leave when Michael grabbed me

 "Mali!"

He said with such force I had no choice but to stand still and listen to him

"Aren't you tired of running? Aren't you tired of having to pick up and move when you think there is danger? Because I know that if it was me I would be."

This speech sounded all too familiar.

"Stay here.. Stay with me.."

He said picking up my hand.

"And together we'll get though this. Together we will defeat him if he ever comes back to hurt you."

 He was right. I was tired of running. I looked at him to Joel then to Emerson.

"You guys really want me to stay? Your not afraid?"

 "Nah! Mali, We just want you with us."

 Emerson put in. I looked at their hopeful faces. They were ready to lay down every thing on the line for me, and all I had to do was lay down everything with them. I gave them a smile

"I guess I'm staying!"

 They all cheered and hugged me. I'd stay, because I knew he would track me down, and when that time came. When I had to meet him again The next time we meet shall our last battle. Only one of us will make it out alive, and I can guarantee that that one.. Will be me.

Like it? Wanna know more? Go read Hidden Secrets: Unleashed! (Its part 2 of the Hidden Secret trilogy!)