Waiting

Canada was curled up on the couch, snuggling his bear tightly and sleeping softly. The smallest hint of a snore sounded, nothing extreme but made him sound a bit like a kitten. With a slight cold, of course. A warm red-and-white plush blanket tucked him in, a tale tell Canadian flag.

"K-Kumajiro..." Matthew muttered in his sleep quietly. "Kumajiro, Kumajiro, K...Kuma..."

The bear begrudgingly stayed quiet, hoping that Matthew would wake up soon.

"Kumajiro...Kumajiro, Kumajiro,"

"What the hell?" Prussia muttered as he heard Canada's sleep-talk from outside the door. It was snowy and the ground was blanketed in white- even though Canada gets snow often, this was the first official heavy snow of the season. Over the past few months, Matthew and Gilbert had managed to be friends to an extent, but Prussia could tell that Canada was still slightly nervous around him.

Anyways, in hopes that Matthew wouldn't be busy, Prussia had brought over some cookies that he had made.

'At least my cooking is better than Britain's, that bloody wanker.' Prussia thought in a bad imitation of the UK with a small grin.

Still hearing Canada's aimless murmurs without any real comprehension of what he was saying(the door muffled it), he decided that it was most likely he was sleeping because the inside of the house was dark and the red and white curtains were drawn.

'Maybe I can just drop them off on the counter. He can wait until he gets up to thank me and tell me how awesome I am.'

The door seem locked at first, but after a few seconds, the whole door handle came out in Prussia's hands. "He needs to get some remodeling done. Geez." He muttered aloud. The door was now hanging loose on its hinges, so the albino took the opportunity to shove the door open and stumble inside.

A wave of warmth hit him, and the cold air from outside bit at his back as Prussia shut the door as firmly as possible. Canada was still sleeping on the couch, the room dark, the heater on. He had stopped sleep-talking and was now curled up into a little ball around Kumajiro. In the kitchen, a large bottle of maple syrup(100% Canadian!) and the dry ingredients for pancakes laid out and at the ready, probably for when Matthew would wake up and cook.

Prussia set the cookies down on the counter, but then quickly relocated them to the microwave, where they would stay warm longer. Knowing his job was done, he slipped out of the kitchen and back through the living room, but then stopped at the TV by the couch to see what Canada had been watching.

'...The Goonies? Sounds like a stupid American movie.' Prussia thought with minor distaste. 'My Birdie needs something more educational.'

A sly smile crept onto Prussia's lips, but it left immediately as the small Canadian started to mutter again.

"K...Kumajiro,...Kumajiro, Kumajiro..." Canada enthused, humming in his sleep happily. Kumajiro sighed in a bear-like way. Prussia frowned, his red eye narrowing, as he watched Canada cuddle his bear affectionately while he slept.

"Canada." Prussia said formally, cleaning his throat a little. When he got no reply, he cleared his throat a little more loudly, frustrated that he wasn't getting any attention. "Mattie!"

Canada just rolled over and continued to sleep peacefully. Prussia went over beside him and shook him a little. "Mattie, wake up."

"Mattie!" Prussia paused. "Goddamn it, Mattie, wake UP!"

Another long pause followed this. Canada shifted a little and stopped speaking, but didn't fully wake up.

"Dammit." Prussia muttered angrily, leaning over Canada.