Chapter 2

Once he located her in the Med Lab, they walk outside and to the griffin stables, being greeted by the beautiful creatures behind the sliding stall doors with the bars over the openings in the doors to keep them contained in the stalls. The stable was full of color, feathers in the walkway and the usual coo or chirp of the griffins as they socialized with each other. Trevor and Vatuna stopped at Stephanie's stall and looked in at where she laid. Against her belly in her warm fur they could see a few eggs. Three to be exact. Two blue and one purple. In the light of the sun, the purple one seemed to shimmer with a gold tinge.

"Looks like the griffins are laying eggs now. Steph has hers; no doubt the others with mates will as well," Trevor noted and Stephanie warbled at him before sticking her tongue out, causing the lovebirds to laugh.

"She has such a sense of humor; I love griffins," Vatuna mused.

"Yeah, there's no doubt Malice and Kathey are gonna be harvesting the eggs soon. Put them down in the Fledgling Observation to incubate. You know, Kathey asked me and my siblings to help this season, care to help?"

"Really? You want us to help you?"

"Yeah, see just how crazy the whole process is, so Malice has told us. Some females freak out when we take the eggs."

Vatuna opened her mouth to respond when Stephanie's head shot up from her eggs and she stood, screeching. Around them the other griffins started to screech and stamp their feet. It was almost like they were trying to warn the two. The sound of wing flaps caught Trevor's attention, knowing them anywhere. Brenda appeared at the stable doors in her human form.

"Meru! What's going on?" Trevor shouted over the noise, running towards his cyan colored sister.

"It's Spantex, the Venom Dragon Goddess. She just showed up and she and Leviathonal are in a major fight. We need to go- you two come on!" Brenda flew off and Trevor and Vatuna looked at each other before turning dragon.

Trevor's clear scales shimmered with tints of ocean blue in the sun while Vatuna's white scales just sparkled in the sun. They took off and headed for the front of the mansion. Before them was an ocean blue dragon four times Trevor's size fighting against a light purple of equal size. Trevor and Vatuna caught up with Brenda and they hovered over the mansion, seeing the rest of the team flying around the two dragons.

"What's going on?" Trevor asked.

"Leviathonal was right, some dark entity has taken over the Gods. Spantex doesn't even know she's attacking him. Anna and Sylark claimed there's something in their minds telling them to attack and there's no way to break it," Brenda explained. They watched as Spantex snarled at Leviathonal and swiped her claws at him.

Leviathonal ducked his head and headbutted her chest, throwing her off and she gasped for air. She looked up at him and snarled before swinging around and hitting Leviathonal's neck with her tail, knocking the others out of the way. Trevor, Vatuna and Brenda landed on the roof of the mansion and were joined by the rest of the team as they watched the fight.

Spantex snapped her teeth together as she turned and faced Leviathonal who was recovering from the blow to his neck. They could see a bit of clear liquid oozing down the Goddess' fangs, her venom mixed with saliva. Leviathonal swiped at her head, his claws grazing her snout and causing small cuts on it. Spantex recoiled back and put her front foot to her snout and pulled it away, seeing the purple blood before she roared and pounced. Leviathonal's claws clashed with Spantex's and there was a flash of light, blinding the others. As soon as it cleared, Leviathonal and Spantex stood as humans, the God's sword against the Goddess' rapier.

Spantex had light purple hair, a large coil on either side of her head, the rest left down behind her. She wore gold armor on her arms, gold armored boots, black pants, a black shirt, and gold pauldrons with light purple tinsel. Everyone tensed up when the two Gods spun away from each other and Spantex stabbed towards Leviathonal, who blocked it with his shield. He threw it away and knocked Spantex off balance, kicking her square in the stomach. She fell to the ground and rolled away from his sword strike. She jumped to her feet and swung around, hitting Leviathonal in his side. Leviathonal snarled and knocked her back with his shield before turning halfway and kicking Spantex in the side of her head. She fell limp and went slack. Leviathonal breathed heavily before composing himself and exhaling, his rigid body growing relaxed.