Taking a bullet

The mission was supposed to be simple but then this mercenary showed up with power canceling collars and the team just couldn't stand against the mercenary's fighting techniques. So now the team was trapped , but at least Robin was able to disappear before he was caught.

"I took a contract to kill all of the league's brats starting with you." The mercenary said as he aimed a gun loaded with a kryptonite bullet at Superboy's head as the clone struggled against the ropes that held him.

Suddenly Robin apeared out of nowhere and began to wrestle with the man for control of the gun.

In the chaos the gun's trigger was pulled. Robin took a step back with his hand clutching his lower abdomen. Blood trickled out from between the young hero's fingers. Robin coughed up blood as he gasped for breath.

"Time to die." The mercenary says when suddenly a teenage girl dressed in all black appeared. She kicks the man in the head with the back of her foot. Then while he is on the ground she pulls a gun off her hip and fires a bullet into the man's brain. She twirls the gun in her hand as she returns the gun to it's holster.

"Lucy how many times have we discussed you killing people?" Robin says as he starts to shake from blood loss. Lucy turns to the boy with a slight smile on her face. She puts her left hand on Robin's shoulder as she plunges her right hand into the bullet hole in his stomach. Robin lets out a scream of pure agony as lucy grabs the kryptonite bullet lodge in his internal organs. She pulls out the bullet and her hand which are both now covered in blood.

Lucy lets go of Robin and he falls to the floor gasping for air. She leans down and puts the bullet in Robin's hand. Then she moves her face so it is merely inches away from Robin's.

"If you survive this I want to meet in our usual spot in two days my sweet little bird." Lucy purrs then gets up and throws knives cutting all the ropes the team was tied with. Then she just walked away.