Chapter 3:

Felix's P.O.V:

I smiled as the scent of lavender filled my nose and I walked into our huge mansion. To be honest, I kinda like it. I've begged them so many times for me to move out, but the the reply was always the same:

'We don't want our little baby to rot out on the streets.'

I threw my stuff to the side and walked into the lounge, slouching down on the couch and channel surfing for a good 10 minutes. I threw my hands in the air as I found Adventure Time. You gotta love Adventure Time!

"Felix, turn off those silly cartoons and greet our guest!" My mom growled, making me spin my head around. My eyes immediately laid on the most beautiful girl I've ever seen (NOT my mom).

Her long sleek caramel hair lay down, waving slightly. She wore a light pink sweater and a white mini skirt with baby pink heels. Too much shopping with my mom.

"Felix, this is Marzia. She came for a visit." Mom announced, leaving me and Marzia alone. A light blush formed across her perfect cheeks. I smiled.

"H-Hello... I'm Marzia." Marzia introduced herself, sitting on the couch beside me. It felt so weird to be accompanied by a girl. I knew her from school. "I'm Felix. We met at school, didn't we?" I reply, turning on my favourite show. It seemed to be hers too.

"Oooh! Adventure Time!" Marzia squealed in joy, curling up next to me and singing along to the tune with me. After a good 30 minutes, it was 17:30 and Marzia was about to leave.

"It was nice meeting you Felix. Bye bye!" Marzia smiled, hugging me lightly before trotting off down the path. As I shut the door, I sighed.

She's perfect.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. As I unlocked my phone, my stomach lurched.

"Open the door...."

As I scurried over to the door I thought that maybe it was a prank. Just maybe... I swung open the door vigorously and nobody was there... Phew. But I suddenly saw a familiar white German Shepherd bolt down the path, Cry running behind him.

"Hewie, no!" Cry screamed as Hewie leapt on me. I lay on the floor with the snow white dog towering above me, licking my face. "Get that ugly mutt out of my house!" My mother screeched behind us. Cry gasped and pulled Hewie away from me as my mother approached with a burning tray.

"Mom, NO!" I yelled as she swung the tray at Hewie, knocking him out and burning his fur. Cry growled in anger but she hit him too. I felt my cheeks burn with rage and tears swell up in my eyes as Cry's mask broke in half, revealing his emotionless scarred face. The tray just made it worse, burning the side of his glamorous face.

Without hesitation, I grabbed my mom by her shoulder and pushed her into the front garden and hurried over to Cry and Hewie. I almost cried at the state Hewie was in. Cry was spilling tears over Hewie, obviously distressed. I placed my hand on Hewie's pulse, but nothing happened. A stray tear ran down my face as I sat with Cry. After a long 2 hours of mourning his beloved dog, we called 999.

They came. They took mom away. They shed tears for Hewie. They felt sorry. Everyone should be sorry.

That heartless monster killed an innocent boy's best friend.