Fabio

I always knew he wasn't the same as all the other chickens.

At first glance, I looked the same. Little did the farmers or his siblings know, I had a SECRET. A real one.

Maybe I could have grown up normal. Maybe I would've met a girl, fell in love, watched her get slaughtered, and move on until my own slaughter day. That was the dream. When I first met Todd, everything changed.

One day, the chicken pens were abuzz with gossip. I nudged my bff Fabicka with my beak.

"SQUACK!" I asked quietly.

"SQUAA." she screamed. I blushed, as he looked over.

The new chicken was the most beautiful chicken I'd ever seen. His feathers were extra brown and his beak extra pointy. I had to get a closer look, for beauty tips... of course.

I edged to the side of my pen.

"SQUA SQUA!" I tried to get his attention, but wasn't prepared for the beauty that he was. I cursed under my beak. Wait... was I GAY? Damn it. I didn't wanna be but I really was in love with this guy. I decided I needed to tell my mom.

I ran to the other side of the pen. "squa squa I'm in love with Todd" I told her, looking at the ground.

She was silent before she told me what she really felt. "SQUAK QUAK!" She screamed and started to cry. I felt so ashamed for breaking my own mother's heart. "squak" I apologized, solemnly. She flew so far (like three feet, we're chickens in a 5 by 5 penn) and I cried.

My mother had disowned me, but we still shared a penn. I sulked to the other side of the penn as my brothers called me demeaning words such as nugget. I knew my life would be considerably harder. It would all be okay, because I had Todd.

Reality came crashing down on me.

"SQUAAAK!" I wailed.

Todd was in the penn next door.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of my first story. Criticism is greatly appreciated. New chapter should be up tomorrow if I can hit three reads!