Chapter One: Flashback

July 24, 1999
3:23 AM
~~~~~~~~~~Derek's POV~~~~~~~~~~
"Push, baby!" I said over her screams. She looked like she was in the worst pain ever- which she probably was. She was delivering our baby after all.
"Just one more big push, sweetie." That was the doctor. She said it so calmly- as if she's done this a lot.
Of course she has, stupid. She's trained for this. She probably does this everyday.
My thoughts were interrupted by Anna's piercing scream.
"Derek!" The pain in her voice hurt my heart. I hated to see her in pain. I squeezed her hand tighter.
"There she is!" The doctor said as Anna's cries got quieter.
'She'. It's a girl. A sweet baby girl. Who will be just like her mother.
"She's bleeding out!" Nurses rushed around frantically. I began to worry.
"Please! Save our baby!" I yelled at them.
"Sir, your baby's fine. It's your wife. Please wait outside." The doctor ordered a few nurses to bring me out of the room, while the others attended to either the baby or my Anna.
I fought against the nurses attempts to make me leave. There was so much blood on my sweet, beautiful, Anna.
The devil did this to my angel. He sent that child.
"Anna!" I screamed.
"Derek..." She whispered, as she took her last breath, and Quasimodo took her first.
Dropping to my knees as tears streamed down my face was the last thing I remembered, before everything went black.