Godsend

~ Chapter 5 ~

Godsend

 The potato chips kept hitting the foil as Callum ran towards the cabin. Never in his life was he so nervous. He was catching his breath when he arrived on the doorstep but he was hesitant to go in. He paced on the porch, trying to think what to do. 

"Delancey!" Callum shouted excitedly.

"What?" A voice emerged as a tiny head surprised Callum from the window. It was Clark.

"Cool! You got my favorite potato chips!" Clark exclaimed in agitation as he rushed towards the front door. "And what were you talking about? Fancy? Dandy?"

"Junky!" Callum interrupted. "I said Junky!"

"Why would you call junk foods junky?" Clark said as he grabbed his favorite potato chips.

Callum sat on the railing at the porch. He needed help to convince Mr. Malcolm that they were related. Callum means one thing and that is to push Mr. Malcolm and he can only think of another guardian to do it with. Delancey. He held the necklace on his palm as he rushed to the woods. 

 ~

"I'd like to have two rubber duckies please?" Mr. Malcolm said with a serious tone.

"Ru. . ruu. . . rubb?" Mrs. Gold stuttered.

"Uh-huh. Two of your finest!" He said as he raised his chin and crossed his arms. "No. I'd like to have a newspaper." Malcolm chuckled.

"Then one newspaper it is!" Mrs. Gold replied mimicking Mr. Malcolm's previous expression. 

The laughter was interrupted by another customer entering Mrs. Gold's shop. She was twirling her hair as she took interest at the candies and lollipops.

"There's been a lot of new faces in these town lately." Mrs. Gold said as Mr. Malcolm locked his newspaper between his ribcage and biceps.

"Indeed, Mrs. Gold. Do me a favor and give them free newspapers, to keep up with the events in this town." He winked as he gave Mrs. Gold two paper bills.

The blonde barbie kept on checking the candies and twirling her hair until Mr. Malcolm passed by her. Even with those aviators, she could sense something different in his eyes. He tilted his head a little and raised his eyebrows until there were lines forming on his forehead. He smiled at the barbie yet she didn't return something except a blank look.

"Good day. What do you need?" Mrs. Gold greeted her.

"Oh, I'd like to have something. Do you have pophorn here?" The girl asked.

"Pophorn? Do you mean popcorn, miss?" Mrs. Gold tried not to laugh.

"If that's what you believe it is then I will have it." She replied.

Mrs. Gold went to the popcorn stand and blew air unto the paper bag. She shoved the popcorn and placed inside the bag. Delancey was delighted looking at it that her head follows as Mrs. Gold shoves the popcorn. Delancey noticed what she was doing and she straightened up as Mrs. Gold came back.

"Oh. Our town sheriff would like you to have this." Mrs. Gold said as she handed the newspaper to the girl. 

~

Callum was raising the necklace Henry gave him. He was waiting for Delancey to arrive until he realized one important ingredient. Callum needs to summon her and so he closed his eyes.

"This should do it," He said to himself. "Come at me bruh, Bruh come at me. I summon thee from northern gates, bruh come at . ." 

Callum's chant was interrupted by popcorns and feathers flying all over the place.

"Great! Just great!" Delancey shouted in irritation. 

"Delancey!!" Callum rushed towards her to help her get up. "Why were you such in a hurry?"

"Oh. I'm sorry I rushed here to help you." Delancey replied childishly.

"But I haven't called you yet. You interrupted my chant." Callum sulked.

"It wasn't you who summoned me here?" She asked worriedly.

"Not unless no chant was required to summon Guardians of the six gates?"

"This is weird. Does this mean I am Godsent?" Delancey asked in excitement.

"Ugh. So how's Tauffrein?" Callum asked.

"Donovan has destroyed the borders. Henry tried protecting the first gate but Donovan was strong enough to break until the second one. Unfortunately, the third gate is in worse state." Delancey said.

"Well I need your help here too. Clark, Henry's son, thinks I am the brother of his gym teacher. I also promised him that I'd let him in 'my mansion' any other time." Callum said. 

"So what is my business here?" Delancey asked.

"I need your help to push him."

"We cannot!" Delancey shouted.

"It is for Tauffrein's protection! If Clark suspects me he can tell what he knows to anyone and the whole town will know." Callum said trying to convince Delancey.

"Fine! Who is this gym teacher you speak of?"

"I forgot his name though." 

"Well when I felt I was being summoned I went here and bought pophorns," 

"Popcorns!" Callum interrupted.

"Fine!!! I bought popcorn and there was this strange guy at the store. He looks so fine with that leather jacket and black thing on his eyes." Delancey said with a wink.

"Delancey! We have a serious situation here." Callum sounded annoyed.

"He was so hot! Oh my . . "

"Don't you dare say it!" Callum interrupted.

"Okay, okay! Well at least I knew his name!" Delancey sounded excited. "His name was. . . "

"Mr. Malcolm!" Callum said happily his laugh lines were visible.

"How did you know?"

"Oh sorry I wasn't paying attention. Mr. Malcolm is Clark's gym teacher! " Callum said.

"Oh great. He is the town sheriff too." Delancey continued.