~writer's POV

Up in the mountains of Japan, between the green trees and rice fields, a young girl was born. With golden blonde hair, she was the pride of her village. She was dubbed Akira Suzuki.

~Akira

I don't remember much from my childhood, except that I was a pretty wild kid, or so would my mother say. Always running with the wolves in the forest around us, climbing trees and playing in the snow. And so I grew from a child to a woman. Running wild and reckless like thunder over the land. Racing with the wolf and following the wind. Flying? There were times I felt like I flew.

One night I was sitting on top of my house, staring at the hills and forests I called home. I sighed happily, and suddenly something caught my eye. I jumped down from the roof, calling my mother. "Look." She looked at the thing, holding my shoulder. "I'm going to check it out." She gasped and watched as I ran off.

That night something new came to my land. Something that would change my life forever. And that's how my journey began. I kept walking, until I noticed a trail of footprints and wheels in the ground. I kneeled, staring at it. Shaking my head I got up again, walking to the strange thing again. A wiser person would have turned and run, but I wanted to know what strange people were here. They didn't look Japanese. Maybe they were from a different village. Or nomads...

As I approached the camp I saw a couple of figures cuddled up for warmth against a tree. I stared at them and one of the figures looked up. "You're...Japanese?" A female voice whispered. I nodded and she asked again: "Are you young? And female?" "Yes. Why?" I sneaked closer, noticing her hands were tied up. I looked at the other women, noticing two of them were pregnant. I stared at them and the girl whispered: "Run. If you don't leave now, you'll end up like us. Go!"

I looked around as I sneaked around the strangers' camp. "Watch out..." I heard the other women whisper to me. I stared at their belongings, noticing my shoe got stuck behind something. Making a swift kick I launched the thing into the air before continuing my scout. I heard some groans and voices behind me. "Hey, what's your-" "Shh! Look behind you...man, look at that girl." "She's beautiful." I heard some whispers behind me, but something else had caught my attention. Something shiny...

"Run, girl..." I heard the other girls whisper, but ignored them and suddenly felt someone's arms wrap around my waist. I gasped, but a little too loud. All the other guys woke up, all of us screaming in surprise for a second. I got out of his hold and watched all of them before running off. Thanks to my wild youth I was fast. I looked behind me, seeing them following me. I smirked, kept on running and jumped over a rock, hiding under it. I watched as the guys jumped over me on their horses, running off. "Where did she go?!" "We'll find her!" I smirked, kicking one of them off his horse. "Fuckin hell, she's fast!" I kept on running, soon seeing them disappear behind me. I panthed as I reached my village. "Hey!" I smiled down at the villagers clapping for me. I gasped softly as I heard noises behind me. I turned around, seeing the guys catching up to me.

"Hide!"

The villagers backed up a bit. I looked behind me again and yelled louder: "NOW!" They all ran to their houses as I charged right at the group of men. I smirked, still running. We reached a point in the valley I was familiar with; a U-point in the rocks. I had climbed this mountain a lot, but since they didn't, I had an advantage. They followed me, just as planned. However, carelessly I ran into another one of their group, who managed to get a rope around my leg. I groaned as I collided with the hard stones underneath me. "Thought you could outrun us, dolly?" One pinned down my hands, another one held my leg and a third one inspected my body. "She has small boobs, I think she must be at least 15 years old." "I'm 22, you geezer! Let go of me!" They tied my hands together, the one inspecting me found my pocket knife that was strapped to my thigh. He threw it away, smirked at me and pressed the cigarette he was smoking out right on the tendon in my knee cavity. A scream erupted from my throat as the pain rushed through me. I noticed my mother standing atop of the mountain, looking down at me. I yelled at her in Japanese, she looked down before turning away. The men let go of me, threw away my shoes, pulled me up and they led me to a wagon, where the girls I met before were already waiting. The rope around my wrists was tied to the wagon and the girls stared at me in pity. The wagon started to move, pulling me along.

Shortly after we left the area around my village I heard the wolf howling. I stopped, turned around and howled back. The wolf howled again, louder this time. I howled back, but because one of the men pulled on the rope, I was cut off. "Please follow me..." I thought as I stared at the wolf.