Fuckin' Timmy

It was cold, the florescent lights barely illuminated the building. I could feel the dark pushing in, the breathe of some enormous unseen entity waiting to snuff out our exsistence.

I led the way forward. Cause thats what big brothers do. We forge the path through the dread and fear, the unknown, toward the light. We make everything seem ok, even though we are just as scared. I want to just stop and walk away, into the darkness. The thought of just disappearing into it crosses my mind, but I keep walking. I keep talking very loud, making jokes rediculing him. If I keep him distracted, then maybe he wont see how much I am shaking. Its a good thing im smoking, as I take a drag, I wipe a tear away...he probably didnt notice. I can hear his girlfriend, muffleing sobs against his coat, I am jealous. I want to hug him. I want to tell him he is doing the right thing. But I keep walking.

The glass doors slide open. The feeling of tension and anticipation comes billowing out. My mouth is dry, and I stop to take a breath. He brushes past me, whispering something to her still clinging to his side. "Asshole!", I probably said that to loudly, but I don't care, people can stare. "Fuck you." He replies, a huge stupied grin on his face. I can see past that though. He ment, "I love you, and I am scared, help me." I playfully kick at him, "I can't wait till your gone, I gonna love your bed so much." He laughs, the tension lessoning. "Now get in line, I got some sleep to catch up on."