•1•

*Regina's POV*
"This song is my shit! Turn it up!" My sister Zelena shouted. I chuckled and did as she said. My car was filled with the lyrics to Gasoline by Halsey and we both sang along.
Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me?
Bought a hundred dollar bottle of champagne like me?
Just to pour that motherfucker down the drain like me?
Would you use your water bill to dry the stain like me?

Are you high enough without the Mary Jane like me?
Do you tear yourself apart to entertain like me?
Do the people whisper 'bout you on the train like me?
Saying that you shouldn't waste your pretty face like me?

And all the people say,

"You can't wake up, this is not a dream,
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being,
With your face all made up, living on a screen,
Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline."

Oh, oh, oh, oh,
I think there's a flaw in my code,
Oh, oh, oh, oh,
These voices won't leave me alone,

Well my heart is golden, my hands are cold,

Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers cause you'll never take the blame like me?

And all the people say,

"You can't wake up, this is not a dream,
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being,
With your face all made up, living on a screen,
Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline."

Oh, oh, oh, oh,
I think there's a flaw in my code,
Oh, oh, oh, oh,
These voices won't leave me alone,

Well my heart is gold and my hands are cold.
"Fuck yes!" She shouted as the song ended and Colors started playing. I chuckled. We're fraternal twins. She's my absolute best friend. But, neither of us look at all alike. Except for our glasses. But neither of us have to wear them all the time. They're the only thing that's even similar about us. She has curly red hair and I have dark brown, almost black, wavy hair. She has blue-grey eyes and I have dark brown eyes. We couldn't be more different. "Have you heard from David lately?" I asked. "Uh.. Yeah. He called me a few days ago." She said. My grip on the steering wheel tightened and I nodded. "Reggie, you told him not to ever speak to you again..." She mumbled. "That doesn't mean he should've listened! He's our father! Yeah, he cheated on mom, but he's still my dad!" I snapped. "Maybe you should call him?" she suggested. I sighed and continued our drive to school. When we finally pull up, it's 7:15. So, teachers just started getting here. School doesn't start until 8:15, but Zelena likes coming to see her favorite teacher. Ms. Swan. She's my favorite too. But, I'm pretty sure she hates me. Zelena had her for her first semester in freshman year. I've had her every year. She's the only teacher who teaches AP English. So, I get her every year, all year. "Come on!" Zelena shouted and got out of the car. I sighed and got out with my stuff, then followed her in. Ms. Swan has been teaching here for 7 years. We walked down the halls and I smiled a little. Storybrooke High. Today's the first day back. We walked up to the door of Ms. Swan's class and Zelena smiled as she knocked on the door, then walked in. "Zelena!" Ms. Swan shouted and hugged her tight. Gah she's so gorgeous. Her blonde waves stop perfectly at her boobs. Her perfect, perfect boobs. She's wearing a tight red dress, a black blazer and black stilettos. She's so fucking perfect. "And R-Regina.. Woah.. You grew up." She said, looking at me. Her eyes flickered down my body and I blushed. Did she just check me out?! "Y-yeah.." I stuttered. She's right. I did grow up. I look like I'm an adult now. My boobs got bigger. My hair grew. And it's all because I got my period? Like, what the hell. Zelena got hers when she was like 13. So, she's looked older for years. She's always been the pretty one. But, this summer, a guy told us that I was the pretty one now. We're both pretty in my opinion. "How was your summer?" Zelena asked as I came back to their conversation. "It was good. Riley wanted to see her dad. And.. I didn't have the heart to explain why her mom and dad aren't talking anymore. So, I had to make up lame excuses. Like, Neal called and he's sick. Riley's almost 6 though.. So, i guess I'll have to tell her soon..." Ms. Swan said with a sad sigh. "How was yours?" She asked, glancing between the two of us. "Shitty." I grumbled. Ms. Swan looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows. "Our dad cheated on our mom. So, mom kicked him out. He moved in with the other girl. Regina told him to never speak to her again and he hasn't." Zelena said. I felt tears in my eyes and I bit my lip. "Why the fuck do you always make it out like I'm the bad guy for being mad at him?" I asked and walked to the door. "He's our dad." She spit. "And Mary Margret's our mom." I spit and left, feeling tears fall from my eyes. I went to the one place I feel safe and took a few deep breaths. The library. "Regina?" Someone asked. I looked to where the voice came from and sighed. "Hi Mrs. Gold." I said, smiling at the young woman. "Are you alright?" She asked. I nodded. She's only 4 years older than me. She loves books even more than me.

When the bell for lunch rang, I sighed, knowing I had to go to Ms. Swan's class. The entire school has lunch for an hour and a half. They use it for meetings and such. I have 'guidance' with Ms. Swan. It's bullshit, really. She helps me with any work i don't understand. She's basically my guidance counselor. But, I get some 1 on 1 time with her. Everyday. I opened the door and gasped, seeing Ms. Swan, making out with none other than my sister. "What the hell?!" I spit. They pulled apart and looked at me, both with wide eyes. I don't even care that she's a teacher. I care that Zelena knows I've basically had a crush on her since freshman year, and she's in her making out with her! I felt tears in my eyes as I took a step, backwards, towards the door. "Regina.." Zelena said and took a step towards me. I shook my head. "What the fuck Z." I said and my voice cracked. They both looked at me sadly and I couldn't take it. I turned around and ran out of the classroom. "Shit." One of them grumbled. I ran down the stairs, then to the exit, tears flowing freely from my eyes. I ran to my car and started unlocking the door. I jumped when Ms. Swan grabbed my arm. "Regina, listen, you've got to-" "I won't fucking tell anyone. Get the fuck off of me before I change my mind." I growled, my voice sharp and hard. She pulled her hand away and looked at me. "You're on thin ice." I spit and got in my black Benz. I sped away, feeling betrayed.

At dinner that night, mom sat at the head of the table and I didn't talk at all. "Mom?" Zelena said, quietly. "Yes honey?" Mom asked, turning her attention to her. "Mom.. How would you feel if I was.. A lesbian..." Zelena asked, quietly. I almost choked on my water. I looked at her and she had a sad gaze on me. "Sweety, I wouldn't look at you any different. You're my daughter. I love you for you. And if loving a girl makes you happy, then I'm okay with it." She said with a smile. I rolled my eyes and set my fork down. "Can I be excused?" I growled. Mom looked at me, then looked at my plate and furrowed her eyebrows. I didn't eat much. She nodded and I got up, then went to the kitchen. I set my plate in the sink, then went upstairs and to my room. I flopped down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. My own fucking sister betrayed me.