Chapter 2

Stiles, of course, decided to keep his little discovery to himself. So he opted for pinning on his own instead confiding in his best friend. After all Scott was too busy with his melodramatic on and off romance with Allison to pay any attention to Stiles. Scott’s abandonment of him, led Stiles to becoming friends with Danny. Although at first his fellow lacrosse player couldn’t stand him, the goalie warmed up to Stiles during Chemistry. Apparently being a studious lab partner who geeked out on Batman was points in Stiles’ favor.

So while Scott was off sneaking around with Allison for clandestine dates, Stiles was either at home actually spending some times with his dad or hanging out with Danny. Mostly he tried to keep his mind off of Derek. Stiles believed that he was doing a good job of hiding his feeling until Scott, who had was on the outs with Allison for about the fifth time, finally noticed there was something wrong with his best friend. Sure, it might have due to Danny knocking some sense into the werewolf but Scott finally got his head out of his ass in time to realize that there was something on Stiles’ mind.

Scott hadn’t seen him this upset since they cancelled Fringe. The look in the teen’s face reminded the werewolf of the time Stiles found out that Lydia was dating Jackson. After that he moped around for months until Scott decided to have a Halo marathon to take Stiles’ mind off of the strawberry blond. Now it looked like the werewolf had to another heart to heart with the hyperactive teen. Trying to make up for his earlier douchiness, Scott waited until school was over to have a little chat with his best friend.

Bumming a ride, he fiddled with the Jeep’s stereo system before asked, “is everything okay Stiles?”

“Why do you care, you’ve been ignoring me for weeks,” he pointed out angrily.

“I guess I got a little carried away,” Scott admitted.

“Look, I love you dude. We’ve been friends since we were in diapers, Scott but I am tired of you ditching me every time Allison is around.” Stiles admonished.

“I’m sorry,” Scott said, feeling thoroughly embarrassed for treating his best friend like shit over a girl.

“I might forgive you if there is some pizza and video games in in for me,” the hyperactive teen teased.

“You got it but first you have to tell me what’s on your mind.”

“It’s nothing,” Stiles lied, not wanting Scott to find out about his hopeless crush on Derek.

“If you say so,” the werewolf replied, secretly planning on getting the other teen drunk. Perhaps if Stiles had enough alcohol in his system he would blurt out what was really bothering him.