Chapter 3

He opened one eye and looked around before opening the other. He sat up on his bed. He looked around and saw his roommates asleep. He got off his bed and walked to the common room. He went and sat on the couch and lied down. He closed his eyes for a minute.

He focused on his breathing and slept with his hands on his stomach. Then he heard a door open and close, but he continued to lie down. Like a slap to face, his nose was assaulted with a smell of strawberries. He kept his composure until the scent grew stronger. Then a voice spoke.

"What do we have here?"

He opened his eyes to see Bellatrix Black inches away from his face. From his position, she looked extremely scary, with her hair falling around her face and forming a curtain around his face, her eyeliner making her eyes bigger, and one of her eyebrow cocked. He jumped and sat straight, but not without hitting her on the forehead.

She shrieked and clutched it. She sat down next to him. He felt a bit uncomfortable next to her and started looking elsewhere. He rubbed his forehead. Then she sighed.

"Well, no problem. I forgive you." She trailed a finger along his bare leg. Her long nails painted pitch black looked gothic and was like proof for her craziness. He inched away from her. She, however, got up and came and sat right next to him.

"Do you not like me? You seemed to like me last night" she asked looking at him through her eyelashes.

Erik squirmed in his seat trying to get out, but she held the arm rest preventing him from moving. "It's not that" he said looking down at her. She was nearly throwing herself over him, and from his position he could see down her shirt. No doubt, it was a pleasant sight.

She stood up and put one knee on each side of his hip and stood over him.

"Oh" he said and tried to back away. She looked at him straight in the eyes and started to approach him closely. He trying to back away, but there was no point. He shrugged and went ahead. This shocked her. She backed away for a second but then went ahead.

Suddenly a door opened and she threw herself off of him and sat next to him patting her hair as if nothing had just happened. Jacinta came to the couch and sat down between them trying holding back her laughter. Bellatrix looked at her nails, huffed and got up to leave.

As soon as the door closed behind them, Jacinta looked at him and burst into laughter. She covered her mouth lest she wake people up or Bellatrix hear her, for that matter. But it did not help. She turned and started laughing into a cushion. Erik looked at her with a sick face.

"You are not helping" he said.

She continued to laugh and tried to talk but ended up chocking. She sat straight and coughed hard. She looked at him and smiled. "Me entering the room, was help enough. I should gain something from this fiasco."

He smiled at her and got up. He walked back to his room. Regulus was stirring in his sleep. Lucius was moving his wand over bed and putting it in order. Severus was sitting on his bed, cross-legged, staring blankly at his hands in his lap. Erik removed his clothes from his cupboard, took a towel and went to the bathroom.

He brushed his teeth, took a bath and changed his clothes. The wet towel along with his boxers went into the hamper. He arranged his books on his bedside and took his bag from his trunk. He put his wand in his left hand sleeve. He turned to leave the room but was stopped.

Someone held him on the shoulder and turned him around. Severus was standing in front of him. "Make sure you take your timetable from Professor Slughorn. He will be handing them out today."

With that, Severus turned back to go to his bed. Erik thanked him and received a wave. He left the room and sat in the common room. He sat on the couch remembering what had happened earlier. He closed his eyes and lied down. He remained that way for a moment before he got the smell of strawberries again.