Chapter One

I wake up, my vision is blurry and I feel sick to my stomach at the very thought of going to school. I only go to see Charloe, Ashley and Perry. I stare at the clock, it's froze on the same time as always, why do I own a broken clock? My uniform is getting old, my shirt has stains from art and my blazer looks maroon instead of scarlet as it did at the start of the year. It had only been a few months and I was already fed up of this very routine. How can people do this everyday of their life for so many years? I ask myself these questions each day and I never get any answers. "Phoenix!" Charloe shouted as she hugged me from behind. "Aha hi" I managed to say before we both burst into laughter. Laughter. Fake laughter. I can't remember the last time I laughed, this world is so dark and gloomy, I use writing as an escape. After a few minutes of speaking Ashley and Perry show up. I wonder what would happen if I were to disappear one day, would the people I care about notice I was gone or would they carry on with their everyday lives? I think I'll have to try that soon, my life is so boring. My parents are always too busy with work and their social lives and my brother is always in his room. I try to make an effort and get them to do things with me but they don't agree. They prefer having their own life and not being a happy family. Oh yeah, that's also something I'm not. Happy, how do people do that? They can smile through everything and remain positive no matter what. "Phoenix! I asked you a question." Miss Smith shouted, it was only then I came to the realisation I was sat in English class. "Oh.. Sorry Miss, I don't know the answer." I replied looking down at my notebook filled with poetry & many plans I had wrote. She rolled her eyes at me and carried on teaching her lesson. I look at the school walls and the graffiti made by the rebels and those who felt as if they could rule the world. 'Little did they know, they were capable of doing so much but they never dared to try.' I wrote into my notebook. Another quote, another day, same life. I'm going to run away soon... I just have to make sure people don't notice, that people don't care.