Chapter 2

"Phoenix! Wake up!" My mother shouted as she nudged me until I woke up. My eyes felt puffy and I felt sick. Not the type of sick that you feel usually, but the type of sick where you're sick of life, sick of every little thing. I know I have to go to school in order to get a good education but it requires effort. The clock is still there, as if it's mocking me. I grab a slice of toast and run out of the door, I can't be late for school, not today. I know when I can leave, only two weeks away. I don't think they'll care and even if they do, they won't find me. I'll run and hide and refuse to let them find me and either way I know, phoenixes don't die. They are immortal, that's how I think of myself. Immortal, huh? I'm not sure why I've been put in this mindset. I completely forgot I was in class until Charloe painted my face and I realised I was in Art. Oh Art, what a fun class for someone with no artistic talent. Charloe is very good at drawing and painting and of course I'm jealous. Lunch is next and I can already smell the canteen food. I usually spend my lunch writing, Charloe draws, Perry just eats and Ashley sings. This was us, I couldn't ask for better friends if I'm honest. This is what I don't understand, I don't want to lose them but I don't want to be here either. I'm stuck between leaving and staying and it's awful. So far in my notebook I have my plan, what I'll need and how much of everything I'll need. Luckily for me I have a bank account and a bunch of money. Homework is the worst, anyone who goes to school will know this. I feel like school is one of the main reasons I hate this place and the fact that this world is cruel. My family drive me insane and my mind is a mess. I find comfort in being alone and I can never seem to love anything. I'm not really sure what "love" is if I'm honest. I feel like I could discover love if I escaped, no stress, no pressure. I'd have my own time to do so. I didn't even notice the time or the fact that school is over or the fact that my mother wasn't home when I arrived. I didn't notice that it was 7pm and I hadn't ate a thing. My eyes felt heavy and I could tell I was tired but I had an essay due tomorrow which I hadn't even started. The smell of cold coffee filled my brain and before I knew it, everything went black.