Chapter 1

Amanda's POV

I woke up with the light shining through my window. Monday. Great. I groaned as I rolled the covers off my body. The crisp morning air hit my legs as I got up to change. I threw on a pair of ripped black jeans with my Nirvana shirt. I washed my face and put on my regular makeup. When I got downstairs my mom greeted me with a warm smile.

"Good Morning sweetie! Sleep well?" She asked.
I nodded yes but was unable to speak because of how tired I was. I grabbed a snack and headed out the door to the bus.

When I finally got to school, I saw my friends and ran over to them. They all gave me a hug as we walked to class. First was history, which wasn't so bad because I actually liked that subject. The rest of the day went by pretty quickly and I rushed to get home.

I got home and did my homework then took a warm shower. After I got out my best friend, Marissa texted me saying
M: Hey girl! There's gonna be this crazy party tonight! You should come!
Me: Idk Marissa..you know I don't really do that kind of stuff...
M: Oh come on! It will be so fun I'll be with you every second :)
Me: alright I'll come 😂 but I'm leaving if I don't like it
I had always envied Marissa. She had long, blonde, beautiful hair. She had absolutely no acne whatsoever and almost every guy at the school wanted her. It was no doubt that some guy would try to get in her pants tonight at the party.

Two hours until the party and I was nowhere to being ready. I had never been to one so I didn't know what to wear at all. I decided to dress cute but not to fancy. I straightened my brunette hair and put on black leggings with a striped shirt. I guess I looked decent enough.

There was no point in asking my mom to go because she was rarely ever home. Suddenly i heard a car honk outside. It was Marissa. I ran outside and hopped into the passenger seat. She smiled at me with her perfect teeth and began to drive.

When we got there, people were everywhere. We walked inside the house that smelled of alcohol and smoke. I tried to ignore the smell as we walked past sweaty bodies. A stranger came up and asked me and Rissa if we wanted a drink. She accepted but I declined knowing I would have to drive home tonight.

We hit the dance floor and saw many people grinding on each other. Sluts everywhere. It was so uncomfortable and weird. I felt a pair of eyes burning into me as I danced. I snapped my head to the right to find a handsome tall man peering over people to look at me. He had dark brown curly hair which swayed every time he shifted his body. Under the lights his eyes were almost a jade color. A smirk displayed on his full, plump lips as he got up. I can't deny it. He was beautiful. I felt uneasy as he started to walk my way.