Chapter 13

A/N Dedicated to @emlover for her comment that made me laugh for some odd reason... idk why I'm just weird...and for wishing me luck on my finals that I can say I passed with flying colors (okay not really)!  Anyways, read the story people

"I'm telling you right now, there is no way in hell that I'm going to stay in that room," Lucas said, arms crossed as he glared at the only guest room in the house.  Dannie withheld a sigh; she knew this was going to happen.  

"Well you aren't staying in mine or Quinn's rooms.  And most definitely not Katy's," Dannie replied.

"I'll just sleep on the couch then," Lucas justified heading down towards the living room.  

Dannie narrowed her eyes at his retreating figure and grabbed onto the back of his shirt before he could walk any further.  

"No.  You're staying in the guest room.  End of conversation," Dannie deadpanned.  It was time that Lucas moved on from Cece; even Dannie had begun the process!

"But Dannie," Lucas whined stomping his foot like a child, "I don't want to."

"You have to!  By the law of Dannie Hale, you shall stay in that guest room!" Dannie declared.

Lucas rolled his eyes.  "There's Justinian's Code and Hammurabi's Law Code but I'm pretty sure there's no law named after you."

"Smart ass," Dannie retorted.

Lucas was about to say something before the doorbell rang.

"Who could that be?" Dannie wondered aloud.  It was late in the evening and Quinn and Katy had retired for the evening after welcoming Lucas back.  Their dad was snoring away while their mother had another late night appointment.

As she was walking down the stairs, whoever it was was extremely impatient.  They banged their hand on the door multiple times before Dannie finally reached the door and opened it.

"What's the matter with you?" Dannie scolded once she opened the door and saw Seth and Kate standing there.  Lucas came up behind her and leaned his head on her shoulder.

"What's the matter with me?  What's the matter with you?" Seth said incredulously. 

"We came over to see it you were feeling better," Kate interrupted with a smile.  Seth gave her an annoyed look before crossing his arms like a misbehaving toddler.

"She wanted to check on you," he corrected.  

Dannie glared at him before turning to give Kate an angelic smile.  "Thank you Kate.  I'm feeling better now."

"Yeah, you're totally fine after re-incarnating your food a good couple of times," Lucas snorted.  Dannie's face flushed at the memory of her a few hours back.  Her stomach had not been able to  hold any food at all.

 Seth made a face.  "Are you okay now?" he asked with actual concern in his voice.

"Yeah yeah.  Of course I am," Dannie assured dismissively.  She just wanted to go to bed and it seemed that Lucas knew exactly what she was thinking.

"Now if you'll excuse us, we have some bed business to attend to," he said suggestively with a wiggle of his eyebrows.  

Seth's mouth dropped open in horror as he looked between the two best friends while Kate let out short chortles of laughter.  Before Seth could get a protest in, Lucas slammed the door in his face.

"That wasn't very nice," Dannie said but it was obvious she was trying to hold back her giggles.  The look on Seth's face was a perfect "Kodak Moment".