Just Another Love Story {PART 1}

The Start of Something New

Katie

I can’t believe it. The day has finally arrived. I have been waiting for so long and I am so excited. I get to see my little monkeys tonight. UNION J! I have had the concert tickets for almost a year now. I need to calm down and I can’t stop smiling.

First, I need to decide what to wear. Dressy or casual? I’m not wearing heals because my feet will be dead by the end of the night. I think I will wear my favourite patterned leggings because a skirt will be too much hassle if I’m jumping around. I will also wear a plain white vest top, seeing as it is summer. But I will take a jacket with me. Yes, I am sorted.

It’s only an hour away. I need to breathe.

“Come on Katie, we need to be leaving now,” shouted my mum from downstairs.

“I’m coming.” As a run down the stairs I can see my mum standing by the door with a big smile on her face. “What’s up?” I asked.

She replied saying, “I can remember when I was your age and I went to my first concert...”

“Yes, we all know it was the best night of your life. Can we please go now?” I’m not being rude to her. I hear that story every year at Christmas when we sit and watch all the videos she recorded when she was there. She gave me a sarcastic grin and just said, “Come on then.” She loves me really.

“Bye Dad,” I yelled up the stairs.

“Goodbye my darling. Have fun.” He is so sweet, well when he wants to be.

As we are driving down to the arena I had my mum put Union J’s album on. It is the best album on the planet. My mum knows all the words as well. So we are both sat here dancing and singing so loud.

We are getting closer to the arena and I can feel my heart pounding. I will not be surprised if I pass out tonight. I hope my friend, Danielle, won’t mind me going crazy. She does love them but I love them so much more. And George Shelley. Words cannot describe my feelings towards him.

I can see Danielle standing outside the entrance. “Bye mum,” I said and gave her a hug. I ran out the car and slammed the door. I just want to get inside. I run quickly to Danielle and shout in her face, “Union J!” She just looks at me and laughs.

“Yeah I know Kate. They’re in that building right now.” Oh my... She is making me even crazier.

“So what are we still doing out here?!” All you can hear is my voice. Everyone else is just looking at me in disgust. Danielle grabs my arms, looks me in the eye and calmly says, “Kate, you need to be quiet. You can go mad when we are in there. Breathe.” She is like a therapist. She’s the best.

“Okay, now can we please go in?” I said it as politely as I could. So she just grabs my hand and leads me towards the door. We give are tickets in and then go to our seats.

The arena is huge. It is sold out and the concert is almost starting. So the room is practically full. Me and Danielle weren’t lucky enough to get front row seats. We are sat in the stands but we are only forth row back, on the right side of the stage. The arena is full of banners saying, ‘I LOVE UNION J!’ And I can see lots of inflatable bananas everywhere. My parents said I wasn’t allowed to bring anything like that in case security took it. They will never notice me now.

While we are waiting many songs start to play. Me and Danielle are the only fun people in our block because we are stood up and dancing. Everyone else is on their phone. I can hear Grease Lightening coming on. My moves are awesome, well I think they are. But then, half way through my jam, the lights go out...