Winter Love

How long has it been? How long since I first laid eyes on you? How long since I confessed? How long were we together? How long since I lost you? I don't know anymore... All I know is that I loved you and gave you my everything.

"I loved you..." I whispered to myself."And you loved me too..."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk these sorrowful streets, on a cold winter day. I pass many faces. It all seems slowed down, the time. It's been that way since I lost you.

"How long has it been?" I thought. It must be time about now.

I pass a flower shop, it reminds me of you. I walk in. I always knew you loved Blue Orchids. I see a beautiful bouquet of roses, but that won't do. I need your favorite flower, something you'll actually appreciate.

I eventually find what I'm looking for. I pick them up examining them, only wanting the best for you. I find the one that looks the best and head to the clerk.

"Great choice, for a lover?"

"Not really..." I trail off. You don't really tell personal things to a person you're never going to see again. I head towards the door. As I open the door I pull up my scarf."Hmm...it's gotten colder."

I gaze upon the rusty black gate, covered with a thin blanket of snow. I open it , making a subtle creaking noise."I'm excited to see you."

I walk past many names searching for yours. After looking thoroughly, I find it. Time seems to slow even more as I'm walking, as if with every step I take.

I get down on my knees. I set the bouquet down. Tracing the letters of your name carved into that cold gray rock. My eyes start to water as I speak,

"Hi, it's been a long time, hasn't it?" I was smiling, even though all the pain I was enduring. Enduring for you." I love you, you know that. I wish you were here, it meant so much more to tell you in person." My eyes were overflowing now. "I sometimes wonder were I went wrong. But I know that, even if we're in two entirely different worlds, that we'll always share our love. No one could ever change that. I know you told me to move on, but you don't know how hard it is to forget you. I don't think I ever can. And even though I can't share my lifetime  with someone I can see, touch, and feel, I don't mind. I love you, Arthur..."

You were my everything, but now you're gone. I know that as
Long as you're with me in some way, I can
Smile in some way