Chapter 7

;

The next day in school, I look like shit and I still do feel like shit.

I have a whole lot of things I didn't do for school. I have soccer training, sounds like we will have a tough time today as there will be announcement.

"Hi," I look up at Noah.

"Hey, you okay?" He raises his eyebrows, his eyes filled with concern.

"Mhmm," I nodded. "Got you something," he took out a packet of grape flavored mentos.

My favorite thing to eat in class.

I smiled at him, "thank you." He has his arm around my waist, his lips gently touch my forehead.

"I am going basketball training later, so I would be going--"

"It's Eric." I noticed the dirty blonde haired guy, "he's back."

-

My hands can't stop shaking due to my nervousness.

Eric, the guy I always had feared is back.

He was suppose to be gone.

He left me.

Why did he come back?

I can't focus.

"Amelia?" Beck sat opposite of me, "yeah?" i raise my right brow at him.

"Are you okay? You look very pale," he stated.

"Eric is back, didn't you hear?" Eve set her tray down on the table.

"Oh." That's what Beck could say.

Noah then pull out a seat next to me, he sat down and I could tell the look on his face that he wasn't happy.

I didn't question, but sat in silence.

-

In class, I couldn't pay attention. I was looking over at Noah the whole time.

I decide to take out my phone and text him.

Me; you ok?

Noah😽; pay attention in class

Noah😽; why r u such a rebel

Me; 😂 you look unhappy

Noah😽; is it obvious?

Me; For me, yeah.

Noah😽; hmm

Noah😽; skipping training today.

Me; do you want me to accompany you?

Noah😽; yes please.

-

"What happened?" I walk quickly beside Noah, "can we walk slower please? My legs can't catch up." I added.

He suddenly stop and look at me, "why do you love Eric? Why are you such a moron?"

I stood in front of him, kind of confused.

"Wha- Well- I.. I thought you know the whole situation." I stuttered.

Noah looks away from me, his hand in his messy hair.

"Why? What's with Eric?" I ask.

"Nothing. Just that, you seem to be okay." He sighs and look back at me with a smile.

"Is that a good thing or.. A bad thing?" I muttered.

"Let's just go get something ok? Did you eat anything?" He ask, grabbing my hand.

"No," I look up at him. "I knew it." He smiles, holding my hand.

-

We enter our town's diner, our school love to hang out here all the time. You can draw on the tables and walls, so there's a lot of dick figures here.

We went to take a seat, and the first thing I saw was Eric-- he's right across the room.

Ignoring, I pick up the marker.

I wrote the number, 18.

Because both of our favorite numbers is 9, we add them both together and it became our friendship thing.

My favorite number is 9, because I am born on the 9th of May.

I am not sure about Noah.

"When asked what was my favorite number-- we were in a group discussion, just all of us hanging out, talking bullshit.

We were going in a circle, so Amelia answered first. When she shouted, "NINE!" She was laughing, her eyes showed that she was so happy.

Between you and me, I don't have a favorite number till Amelia said hers.

Then 18 became my favorite number, because it's just us both. — Noah C. Greene".