Meeting You.

It was a late Sunday afternoon. I stepped out into the porch and sniffed the air. Ah, what a nice day. The cold.breeze blew through my face. I took my younger sister's hand and took her for a walk along the river. She was barely 10 and I was barely turning 16 so there wasn't much we could talk about. I asked her "how was school?" She replied "Good." I nodded. Nothing much to say about that either. While we were walking along the river it was really quiet. All you could hear was the water and the birds singing. I already knew my sister hated me. I didn't exactly know why. I always tried to make us become close again, but that just makes it even more worse. She had blue eyes, they were beautiful. I was jealous because mine were a hazel color... Not exactly what I wanted. Finally I decided to take her back home. When we reached home she ran to her room and I plopped down onto the couch. I grabbed the remote and changed the channel to Mtv. Teen Mom was on. Great. My mom walked in and sat right beside me. She asked me what i was watching. "nothing" i said as I shrugged. "Oh." She said as she got up and went back to cleaning the house. I sighed. School tommorow. I was pretty smart, I just didn't like school. Too much drama, I couldn't take it anymore. I was thinking of dropping out on one point of time. But, nah. Mum would kill me. I got up and grabbed my phone. "Zzzz!" My phone vibrated. I wondered who texted me. I checked the message and it was from Xavier. "Heyyyy!(:" thats what it read. I replied back with a hi. Xavier was my middle school crush. But no, I've been slowly getting over him. At times he was a complete jerk to me but I let him go. I guess I was just too nice. We dated in 8th grade. For about 4 months. We also had sex, but you know. Its whatever. Later on I found out that he was just using me for sex. He took me like a joke. What a asshole I thought to myself. But I forgave him anyway. Ever since then he's been trying to get in my pants. There is no way I'm making that mistake again! He was a total player. He never took things seriously, at all. I tossed my phone across the room and closed my eyes. My mom walked in, kneeled beside me and asked me what was wrong. "everything" i replied. "Aw don't be so negative baby. Now calm down and explain to me." I told her everything about Xavier and how I kept running back to him. She rubbed my back and told me that it'd be the best if I stayed away from him. I nodded and got up, going outside again. I walked to the bench and sat down. I realized I needed some fresh air. I wasn't feeling very good emotionally.

The next day I woke up from my alarm clock. Wow, great way to start my day... With a heart attack! I mumbled "whatever" I walked to the bathroom still half asleep and brushed my teeth, and washed my face. I quickly decided what I was gonna wear to school. Nothing special, just a pink shirt with some normal shorts. See, I wasn't those type of girls who cared about how they look. I was me. I walked to my bus stop waiting for the bus to come and get me. Damn I thought to myself, "its gotten pretty chilly." As soon as the bus arrived, I jumped on finding an empty seat. I barely had friends. Only 2. And those were Nina and Alyssa. As soon as I got inside the school, I removed my jacket. It was all torn up. Oh well I thought to myself. Nina came running to me saying "Esmeralda! Where have you been?! C'mon, class is about to start kiddo!" I ran to my locker, unpacking my stuff and grabbing my books running to Math. I ran just in time. "Riiiiing!" Went the bell. Mrs. Valerie (our math teacher) wasn't too bright. In fact, she was very dark and dull. "Okay, class. Show me your homework." "Homework?!" Shit, i forgot. I'm screwed. Mrs. Valerie came up to me asking me where my homework was. "I forgot it." I said in a low voice looking down. "You ignorant girl!" Mrs. Valerie screamed. A couple of boys behind me snickered. It seemed like I was the only one she liked picking on. Ugh, I couldn't wait for this class to be over. The rest of the day felt like a million years to me. Finally, the bell rang which dismissed us. I got up, running out the door. "Thank god." I opened my locker, hurrying so I wouldn't miss the bus. I thrusted my books in my locker and slammed it. "Hey! Wait..." I heard a guy's voice. I turned back. "Uhh, hey?" He started to introduce himself really fast. He was pretty cute I thought to myself. I looked out the window and I saw the busses leaving. "well its worth it to talk to this guy." I thought to myself. He called me pretty. Uhm, excuse me? Me? Pretty? No way! "yes way!" He laughed and looked down blushing. Why was he so cute? He told me his name was Bruno. I quickly introduced myself. "Esmeralda, that's my name." "Esmeralda." He said in a low voice. "Gosh, darn thats a pretty name." I smiled. "Well, I outta be going. I don't wanna worry my mother. See you some other time?" He said "ok, okay. See you." We both turned and began walking the opposite ways. I ran as fast as I could to get home. When I reached home, I was out of breath. My mom asked me why I was running. I said "cause I felt like it." She looked surprised and walked away. I jumped on my bed thinking about Bruno. Why was I thinking about him so much? Did I like him? I don't know... My eyes slowly drifted off and soon enough I was fast asleep.