117

I'm at the vet and I'm staring at the wonderful face of Derek Hale. I don't even try to touch him since I know he could wake up and also, someone will slap my hand away. I don't understand why people always slap my hand away these days but let me tell you, it's getting very annoying and very rude.

"What can you do about this," Scott asks Deaton.

"I think you all over estimate my abilities. I've never dealt with this before," Deaton replies.

"Then why are we here? I mean, not to be rude or anything. You know I love you Deaton, but we usually come here for help. Or I come here to play with the animals but that's not the point of this," I tell Deaton.

"No worries, Sadie. You all should get going though, you have school tomorrow," Deaton tells us all.

"I'll stay just in case he wakes up. My grades will be fine," Lydia volunteers.

"I don't think it's a good idea. I'll stay here with you," Stiles says while looking directly at Lydia. I pause for a moment and look between them. I see a little worry etched into Stiles's face and Lydia looks away from him and at me. I can tell that she doesn't want to say anything to him about it so I take this as a queue for me to intervene.

"Stiles, you need to go. Lydia is gonna be fine, her grades will be fine. Yours won't. Let's go before dad kills us," I tell Stiles.

He looks at me with a little nod of understanding before looking back at Lydia to make sure it's alright. She gives him a reassuring smile and gestures over to me. Stiles turns towards me and touches my arm before walking out of the vet. I look back at Lydia and Deaton to give them a little wave goodbye before meeting up with Stiles outside.

Stiles already has the jeep running when I exit the building so I make my way over to the passenger side. I climb into the seat, buckle up and wait for Stiles to pull out of the parking space we are in.

"So Derek is young again," I ask once Stiles pulls out of the parking lot.

"It might not be permanent so don't get too excited," Stiles tells me without taking his eyes off the road.

"What? I'm not excited. I'm not happy. So what? Derek doesn't mean anything to me. He's just a friend. I don't even like him like that. Stop putting words in my mouth. Drive home Stiles," I say, obviously awkward and nervous.

It's a short drive home so we pull up into the driveway of our house. Stiles parks the car and before he can even take the keys out of the ignition, I unbuckle myself. I throw off the seatbelt, swing open the passenger side door and run out of the car in order to escape Stiles's impending questions. I try the door handle and pray that it's unlocked before I turn the knob. A sigh of relief escapes my lips as I swing open our unlocked front door. I leave it open as I dash up our stairs onto the second floor and run into the safety of my room. I slam the door behind me and lock it and press my back against it. I did it. I escaped Stiles before he could say anything and get any information out of me.

A proud smile plays on my lips as I make my way over to my dresser so I can change out of these clothes and into new pajamas. I manage to grab a new set of clothes before I hear the door knob of my bedroom door rattle. I turn to look at the door and bite my lip.

"Sadie, it's ok if you like Derek," Stiles tells me through the door.

"I don't like him like that. I have someone else," I say without thinking. I throw my hands over my mouth as I fall face first onto my bed from embarrassment. The clothes that were in my hands, dropped onto my floor as they are forgotten.

I have no idea why I said that. I shouldn't have said that. It's not a lie though, it's true. I mean, I have a complicated relationship with a lacrosse player named Garrett. He is a freshman too but he looks like he could be a sophomore. Honestly me he's completely out of my league and I have no idea why he's interested in me. The thing between us is very, very complicated...like I previously stated. He has an on again, off again relationship with this girl named Violet. Violet used to be my friend but she isn't anymore because of what I have with Garrett. I know it's like totally breaking girl code but to be fair, I didn't even know they had a thing when I first met him.