-Chapter 4: The whip, Blood, the girl in chains and The man

(Ezra's P.O.V.)

I run as fast as I can to the old communications tower-my old home. The place where I spent years alone. I decides to go there so I can get my thoughts off my past, my cruel, dark, and horrible past. The time when I was still serving my old master.
When my happy childhood was stripped away from me.

I just keep on running until I arrive at the tower. It still looks like the last time I saw it, before I joined the crew.

'You're gonna have to say goodbye to your present life.'

I cover my ears, hoping that my old master's voice will be silenced. But no, it still haunts me a million times. I can't get rid of it. If I can't, then it means I have to suffer it. To suffer the memories of my past.

I'd have to suffer remembering them, each day and night. And the voice won't get out of my head. It won't. I close my eyes, hoping that everything I remember about my past, from when the empire killed my family, to the time when my old master bought me. When he tortured me.

I bury my face in my hands, with eyes closed.

A whip.

Blood splattered around the room.

A young, ten year old girl with blue eyes and hair, who somehow looks like me. She is covered in wounds and is bound in chains. She loudly screams for help, but no one comes to help.

A familiar looking man with yellow eyes, wearing a smirk on his face shouting at the girl, torturing her with the whip. He laughs without mercy, even if the young girl who screams loudly that even if a person really far from them can hear.

I open my eyes quickly. This might lead into another nightmare at night. I hate nightmares. It keeps me awake for hours. I came here to forget, but I still remember, and visions fill my head. I think of what is in my dream. What could it possibly mean? Who was the girl?

'You're gonna have to say goodbye to your present life.'

Its not real. What he says isn't real.

I just keep telling myself that in my mind. But somehow, I think its partly a lie, because it all seems real to me, even if its just a vision. It might happen somewhere in the future, and I dread at the thought of it.

I wish it doesn't really mean anything at all. Then I hear footsteps behind me. I look around, and see no one. That's weird. I must be imagining things all because of dreams, visions, and nightmares.

"There you are Ezra, I kept on finding you in the city, but you aren't there,"said a creepy and very familiar voice. I look closer. There was a man. I start to feel very afraid. He comes closer to me. I want to run away from him, but there's something that keeps me glued to the floor. He comes closer and closer. Each step he takes, my heart beats. Then he disappears.

What was that all about?