Chapter Thirteen Cry No More

“Jonah and Micah sitting in a tree…” “That’s enough Drew.” Pharaoh snapped putting his hand to the side of his head and leaning against the window in frustration. I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face and stared out the window. “This was a good idea Ghost.” Marcus said. “A little fun before we attack is a great idea.” He carried on. I patted him on the shoulder and he shrugged. “Are we almost there?” Micah asked.

       I stared at the street signs and smiled. “Glad you asked.” I cheered and the car pulled into a lot and parked. We piled out of the car and Drew jumped and giggled pointing at the roller coaster. “Ghost you promised me a ride.” She said. “I know.” I smiled frightened as she pulled me across the parking lot to the ticket booth. The guys joined us in about a minute and Marcus paid our fees.

       “Okay, so anything goes wrong don’t forget what I said.” Marcus said before Jonah and Micah wondered off with Pharaoh behind them and Drew tagged along with Marcus and me. As we waited in line for the roller coaster Drew munched on a cotton candy stick and a bag of popcorn. I stared at her in horror as she gobbled it down by handfuls.

       “So… are you happy being with me?” Marcus asked with a smile turning me around to face him. His chest felt so good against mines and it caused me to bite my lip as I stared into his eyes. “What do you think?” I answered with a question and he giggled. “I’m guessing it’s a no.” he replied and I punched him playfully in the chest. “Hahaha…” I said sarcastically before I placed a serious expression on my face. “I love you big head.” I smiled resting my head against his chest. I kissed him on the lips and he grabbed me up closer to him.

       There was a sudden tug on my sweater from the back and I turned around to find Drew smiling brightly with pieces of cotton candy on her face. I giggled and wiped them away. “It’s our turn.” She smiled brightly. We walked up to the gate and was let through with a few other people and got strapped into the same cart. “Okay riders. Keep hands and all other belongings with your section of the ride and with that try not to die.” The conductor said, and off we went.

       We sat in the front car, so imagine how that is. It’s like being the first to die. Marcus’s made funny faces at me and I couldn’t help but laugh. As we went up on the rails through the dark tunnel now I was pulled into a vision. “You think this is going to stop you from remembering that you have me and all my other minions to worry about?” the Catcher asked his metallic eyes piercing into me. “Save it for when we truly meet.” I snapped. “You will forever be hunted.” He laughed. I was kicked out of the vision now, just in time for me to be caught off guard and screamed as the cart went ripping through the course.

       Drew laughed hysterically, and Marcus’s eyes were closed as tears escaped the corners of his eyes. Other riders were either screaming or hollering in joy at the sensation. As the ride ended with a jolt back on the starting point I ran out of the exit and finding a garbage can to throw up in. Marcus handed me a bottle of water and Drew rubbed my back. I gargled then spit rinsing my mouth of the sour taste. “That wasn’t so bad now was it?” Marcus asked and I threw him an ‘Are you kidding me?’ and he shrugged his shoulders.

       “Let’s play a game.” Drew cheered. I nodded at her while Marcus held me close to him and we followed after her. “You okay?” Marcus asked. “Yeah I’m fine. That Catcher came to me in a vision again.” I informed him. His eyes widened as we now stood at the booth with Drew. “If you can get three balls into anyone of these glass milk bottles you win that big bear.” The game owner said in a car salesman voice. A little girl stood next to Drew and she started bragging about how good she was at soccer. “I’m the captain of the soccer team in my school and I never miss a goal, wanna bet that I can make it?” the girl said. Drew smirked and shook the girl’s hand. “You’re going to eat those words Sally.” Drew joked.