Hachiko (A true story)

In 1924 a dog named Hachiko was brought to Tokyo by his owner, who was a college professor named, Hidesamuro Ueno. Hachiko was a sweet dog who loved his owner very much. Every day when his owner went to work, at 4 o clock Hachiko would wait in front of the train station everyday to wait for his owner come off the train. When Hachiko would walk to the train station, all the towns people would say hi to Hachiko.  Hachiko and Hidesamuro were like brothers. They would hang out every single day. Some days they would run past the river together, and some days Hidesamuro would throw a ball to Hachiko. Hachiko’s breed was an Akita, the rarest in Tokyo. You can never find a dog like Hachiko in the world.

One day, the following year Hidesamuro left the train station to go to work. He had a big meat in front of a lot of people. He then was holding a tennis ball of Hachiko’s in the palm of his hand while thinking about Hachiko waiting for him that moment at the train station. Hidesamuro then fell to the ground and died of stroke. Later on that day Hachiko waited and waited for his owner but every train that came by, none had Hidesamuro. Hachiko was very confused but still he waited. He decided to sleep at the train station that night. Seasons has changed and Hachiko still sat in the same place in sight for his owner. One of the people who worked at the train station fed Hachiko every day, and gave him a bed to sleep on at night. Soon the man told Hachiko that his owner wouldn’t come back, but Hachiko didn’t listen.

 One snowy night in the winter where the breeze was cold and the sky was dark, Hachiko lied down in the snow by the train tracks, while a train came by. As people came out of the train, Hachiko still didn’t see his long lost owner. As snow started to slowly come down, Hachiko then closed his eyes. Hachiko died in 1935 at that same moment, after ten long years waiting for his master. But Hachiko has not been forgotten. One of Hidesamuro’s former students  that worked at the train station has been writing news articles about Hachiko every day ever  since Hachiko waited for his owner at the train station. A year before Hachiko’s death the train station installed a bronze statue of Hachiko to honor its mascot.  Sadly the statue has been melted down during World War ll, but a new version of the statue has been created in 1935 by the son of the original artist. If you go to Tokyo now at the train station, you will see this statue of Hachiko. Hachiko will always be remembered.