Chapter 1

---------------------Abi's pov

I was sitting down on the sofa, peacefully watching the Bake Off. Molly was lounging in the armchair opposite me, not really paying much attention to the shower, when a herd of elephants stampeded through the house. By elephants I mean Jasmine and Emily. They stormed into the room and fell onto the floor, seriously winded after having run for all of a few seconds.

"You guys are seriously unfit." Moll said in a bored tone, not even bothering to look up from the TV.

"Yea no shit!" Jaz gasped like a dying fish. "You guys really need to come and check this out!"

They both got up from their collapsed state and hauled us out of our seats. Still wheezing, they dragged us towards the front door with as much strength as they could muster.

"Whoa calm down! What's wrong? Where are we going?" I asked as I was manhandled out of the house and into the back garden. 

"How in the hell did you manage to get that thing into my garden without me noticing?" Moll demanded.

The 'thing' she was referring to was what looked like a pimped out travel bus. I could see why Molly was confused: the bus took up the whole length of the garden and was just as wide.

"I drove it in, now come on!" Jaz demanded, continuing to shove us towards the door.

She opened the latch and both of us were yanked into the caravan, which was surprisingly cramped. It probably had something to do with the seven other people crammed into one space.

"Oh hey guys, I didn't know you were coming along too." Matt waved from the top of a bunk bed.

"Matt?" I was surprised to see Matt, especially as last time I had checked he was on holiday in Spain. I took a proper look around and realized the whole gang was here: Lola and Sibella were perched on the mini counter to the side of the room and Jacques and Louis were sitting around a rather plush looking table. Henry Carys and Ralph were also seated on the white leather seats at the end of the bus.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, feeling totally bewildered.

"We literally have no frickin' clue. I was in Spain about half an hour ago." Matt looked as if he had accepted the situation and was just kind of going with it.

"Trust us guys, this is the best thing ever!" Emily squealed.

Jaz and Em had both moved to the front of the bus and were sitting in tall, identical leather chairs.

I made my way to the front to see what they were doing. They were sitting in front of a control panel that stretched the width of the bus. It was filled with flashing lights, switches and levers of every shape and size. In the center of the panel was a large portable screen which currently showed lots of information about their current whereabouts.  There were several dials whizzing away and the whole get-up strongly resembled an aeroplane control panel.

"What is this?" I asked, whilst the two girls messed around with the controls.

"This, my friend, is a time machine." Jaz stated smugly.

Lola snorted. "Yea right, where'd you get it?"

"Dunno who it was, some dodgy fella with a swanky looking tweed suit and he had one of those funny little fezzes on- ohhhh" Emily smacked her head and the two drivers exchanged looks and rolled eyes.

"Son of a bitch." Jasmine muttered, shaking her head.

I looked back at the others to see if they had any idea what was going on but they all looked as lost as we did.

"Hold on tight, wankers!" Jaz yelled as the bus began to jolt and rock around.

"What are you doing? You'll crash into the front of the house!" Molly yelled, running forward to try and stop them.

Unfortunately, due to the jolting movement of the bus and Molly's retardedness, she came crashing down onto the controls, messing up the whole system.

"Shiiiit" Jaz and Em yelled in unison.

All of a sudden the bus came to a grinding halt.

"Where are we?" Jaz asked punching the controls, trying to get a reading.

"I dunno but I feel really car sick." Henry yelled running towards the door.

"Wait. I wouldn't-" Emily was cut off by Henry bursting through the door and collapsing outside on the ground.

We all ran towards the door and peered cautiously outside. henry was lying motionless on the ground.

"Oh my god." Sibella gasped. "It actually worked!"

The view from the bus was very different from the one they had just seen. Instead of rows of houses to the side of a busy road we were on top of a hill overlooking a stream. Tall palm trees were dotted around the clearing and the stream pooled into a large lake. This wasn't what caused the squad to gape in awe, the thing that caused the awe was dinosaurs. 

There were Dinosaurs everywhere. Ones with long necks, one with small necks. Some were walking, some were flying. Some were eating plants and some were eating other Dinosaurs. It was magical.

"Told you losers it would work!" Jaz and Emily did their retarded little handshake.

"Is this safe?" Sibella asked, looking around cautiously.

"Probably not." Carys muttered.

"So... What should we do first?"