Chapter 3

Lola's pov--------------

I saw Jasmine's face fall as she flicked through the manual.
"Well shit." Was all she said.

"What, what is it?" Molly asked.

"I don't know. I have no idea what it's talking about." She said, throwing the manual onto the seat.

"Let's have a look." Ralph said, picking up the manual confidently.
He flicked through it for a few minutes.
"Nope I don't understand."

"Let's go look at the engine, it'll probably be obvious once we see it." Jacques said, walking out of the front door.

The grass ruffled in the breeze as we walked out on to the warm grass.
Jacques popped open the hood of the bus and peered into the engine.

"Well the problems obvious." Louie said, casually leaning on the edge of the bonnet.

"What it it?" Emily asked.

"It's broken." Louie said proudly.
Everyone groaned in frustration.

"No shit Louie!" I huffed.
Louie shrugged before turning back to the group.
His face turned pale and he began to shake.
"No one turn around." He whispered.

Everyone turned around.

Standing a few feet away from them was the biggest T- Rex any of them had ever seen. Which wasn't saying much, as none of them had seen a T-Rex before.

"If we stay very still it might leave us alone." I whispered to the others, making sure not to move.

"Fuck that. Bye!" Cerys yelled, running in the opposite direction.
The dinosaurs head snapped in her direction and it stomped after her, roaring wildly.
The T-Rex caught up to her and snapped it's jaws around her body, causing her to shriek loudly before being swallowed.

"RUUUUN!" Jaz yelled, sprinting towards the forest. 
We all ran after her whilst the dinosaur was distracted.
The tree line was rapidly approaching when we heard the dinosaur let out another ear splitting roar.

I managed to run ahead of most of the others due to my long legs.
I ran a few meters in and turned around to make sure all the others had made it safely.
Jasmine and Emily ran past, then Louie followed by Abi and Henry. That was all of us. I turned back around, running further into the forest.

The T-Rex stopped at the edge if the thick forest, roaring angrily.
It paced at the edge of the trees, glaring at us.

"We should keep moving, it might find a way through." Jacques said, gently tugging on Abi's arm. We nodded and began climbing up the gentle slope ahead of us.
The slope turned into a mountain and the trees gradually melted away into sparse rocky terrain.
The sun began to sink below the horizon and I could see some of the others beginning to slow down.

"We should look for a cave or something to spend the night in." Molly sighed, wiping the sweat off her forehead.
"I think I see one up ahead." I said, my superior height coming in handy.

We all trekked up to where I saw the cave and sure enough there was one.
It was relatively small, only stretching back about 15 meters.
The setting sun illuminated the inside of the cave, showing a dry empty area, perfect for the night.

"Well this is all very good but we're going to freeze to death unless we get a fire going." Ralph said.
"I'll go get some fire wood!" Henry yelled happily.
"Yea, if you want to go all the way back down the mountain again." Louie huffed.

"Don't worry. We've got this." Emily said shrugging off a backpack I hadn't noticed before. Jasmine also had one and the two of them sat down, putting their bags in the middle.

"Where did they come from? Henry asked.
"We picked them up before we went to check on the engine. They had some tools in." Jaz explained, emptying the contents of her bag onto the cave floor.

The contents continued to spill out, creating a huge pile on the floor. The bags didn't seem big enough to hold everything that was in them, but it had been a strange day so no one really questioned it.

"How many of us are there?" Jasmine asked herself, counting everyone in the room.
"11 minus one rest in peace god bless and all that." Henry said, doing the sign of a cross rapidly.
"Oh yea. I forgot about that." Abi nodded.
No one really said anything.

"Do you hear that?" I asked. Tilting my head to try and hear the sound better.
It was a deep growl, coming from the other side of the room.
"Yea I hear it too." Ralph said.
"It's coming from the door."

Henry, who was standing at the entrance, spun around quickly and the source of the noise quickly became obvious.

"Henry don't freak out..." Molly said quietly, causing Henry to promptly freak out.
"What? What is it?" Henry asked.

A small head popped up over Henry's head, making all of us jump back in surprise.
"There's something on your back." Jaz said subtly.
Henry had a little spazz out, jumping in the air in an attempt to shake whatever it was off his back.

The creature fell to the ground with a thump and a growl. Henry sprang away from the animal, falling over spectacularly in the process.

A dinosaur about the size of a small dog bounded over to Henry and began clambering over him in an inquisitive manner.
"Aah! Help! I'm being attacked. Call the police! RSPCA! Get it off!" He shrieked as the dinosaur began to lick his face.

Emily pulled out a little pocket book and began flicking through it, occasionally looking back at the dinosaur.

"Well shit. It's a baby T-Rex. Guess we know why the mum was chasing us." She said, looking at her book. The title read A brief guide to dinosaurs by Dr. T. Ranasawus.

"What the fuck are we supposed to do with a baby T-Rex?"