Whats A Hussy?

"Hester!" I stood up and quickly followed her trying not to fall, since I was had terrible balance.

I caught up to her just as she turned around from the mention of her name.

"What? I was just going to talk to him thats all. No need to be getting all shy and flustered there hun." She winked at me and turned around about to say something to the stranger, when she went pale.

I was about to ask if she was alright when I heard Pearls voice.

"Mommy! It is I little Pearl! Mommy!" She came up and started to tug on her mothers dress, which most of the men were hungrily staring at.

I noticed out of the corner of my eye I saw the stranger motion for Hester to be quiet. Before I could ask her what that was about, she picked up Pearl and walked off.

What the hell!? She left me standing here like an idiot in front this god like stranger, with a perfect body, and his eyes that you could get lost in forever...

I was torn away from my thoughts when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked over towards the stranger and he motioned for me to sit with him.

Alright Dimmesdale. You can do this. Just dont freak him out. Dont freak him out. Please Lord, if you are as forgiving as you are known to be, dont let me freak him out.

I sat down across the table from the godly man and crossed my legs, waiting for him to speak first.

"I saw your show just a few minutes ago." He didnt look up from a book he was reading as he spoke to me.

"Y-You did?" I gulped and mentally smack myself for stuttering.

He chuckled lightly that no one would've been able to hear it, but I did.

"Yes I did. It was ... Fascinating. Among other things of course." He finally looked at me in the eyes for the first time.

I was about to swoon from the look he was giving to me. I also noticed that he was looking at me and started to search my body. He finally looked back to my eyes and spoke once again.

"My name is Chillingworth. Roger Chillingworth," he extended his hand over the table as I did the same, "and you are?"

"Dimmesdale. Its a pleasure to meet you Mr. Chillingworth." I sounded so uptight and again I smacked myself, mentally of course.

"Chillingworth please. And there is no need for you to be nervous around me Dimmesdale. There never will be. Alright?" He gave me a dashing smile and all I could do was nod my head yes.

Chillingworth stood up and checked his watch. "Im afraid I need to now, I need to go and get my job applications filled out and find a place to stay for now. Maybe Ill be back tomorrow night. Until then." he looked at me smiled and walked out of the club.

I let out a breath I didnt realize I was even holding until I felt a hand pull on my arm. I looked down to see little Pearl and picked her up.

"Where is your mother now Pearl? I need to find her." Pearl pointed to a dark corner and I saw her hunched over and sitting on a mans lap.

I sighed and shook my head and brought Pearl to my little office and sat her on the desk.

"Mr. Dimmesdale? Why does mommy go to all the guys?" Pearl asked me in a quiet voice.

"Because your mommy is a hussy Pearl. Thats what she does. She goes to any man she can find and they always take her." I opened my mouth completely forgetting that I was talking to a three year old.

"Whats a hussy?" Pearl asked me.

"Yes Mr. Dimmesdale. What exactly is a hussy."

Shit.

I turned around to see Hester, my best friend, standing there tapping her foot and crossing her arms.