Prologue

Prologue 

In a life where nothing is ever for certain, learning to breathe can be a complete paradox. An exquisitely beautiful nightmare. It's so often so hard to just close your eyes and take that leap, when you don't know where its going or what will come out of it. Allowing yourself to be happy always seems so simple but at times is the hardest thing to do.

Testing the troubled waters to see if the joys and the rewards from learning to live again are worth taking the chance of nothing but immense pain and heartbreak. Sometimes its so much easier to just shut yourself off from the world, sit by and let the world past you by, living in a shell of a person you once were. But that's never the way, its better to learn to live, but its never easy. And too often many people don't take that chance. The chance of allowing themselves to be happy, of truly breathing & living. Being happy. 

Jasmine Aaliyah Carter was your typical happy go lucky teenager, with the amazing friends and not perfect but good life. She disagreed with almost everything her parents said, but loved them dearly. She believed strongly in herself, and let no one treat her like she was less than worth it. She was a good (but not perfect) student at Burmington Academy. 

But all this changed, in one minute, when tragedy struck in her neighbourhood of Felix...

Will she learn to live again, or is this the end of the journey for the once happy go lucky girl? 

This is her story. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Does it seem like its worth a shot? FIrst time writing in years, a little shaky so bare with me please. But I'd really like to know what you think of the story. If you think its worth it vote & like. Thanks. 

-G .x