Rich kids boarding school... fun.

Authors note - I actually pihysically cannot go a day without writing. SO this is my suggested first chapter. Yeha if you want more just vote and comment.

1

Nerina's POV

'You're seriously doing this to me, aren't you?' I said the morning I left. The bags were packed and the car was waiting. Basically this was happening. Shit.  

'This is for your own good' mum lied.  

'Why's the real reason?'  

She didn't reply. Right, impressions. Fantastic. Becoming part of this ridiculous family was certainly awesome. The driver began to collect up all the bags, mine packed up with nearly all of my belongings. I basically had three bags. Silkie had eight, huge ones completely bulging with designer clothes and half her wardrobe was staying here.  

'Nervous?'  

Speak of the devil. I turned round as Silkie reached the top of the ridiculously huge stairs and walked down into them, her footsteps echoing in the hall. Her auburn hair was in its usual unnaturally long princess curls, pulled back by a purple band that would have clashed with her hair on normal people. That look of superiority was on her unfairly beautiful features again.  

'Not at all' I lied.  

Silkie walked right up to me, her burning green eyes staring right up at mine. She wasn't small, but I was half Russian model so she looked tiny against me. 'You should be' she whispered, then turned to my mum and smiled 'Lena. Wow I feel like I'm leaving just as you arrived.'  

'Yeah. I know the feeling' said mum and I shivered. God would they hug next or something? Oh right, yeah apparently.  

Then mum hugged me. 'How am I going to live?' I whispered.  

'Keep your head down' she replied, and released me again.  

'Bye' I said, then turned round and followed Silkie out into the street. A limo was waiting for us, seriously a limo. That was how stinking rich the Cassidy family was. The Cassidy family which was apparently now me as well.  

'Are you excited?' asked Silkie, the moment we climbed in. She was texting on her phone which looked so insanely expensive.  

'What to go to a boarding school full of rich kids who'll look down on me?' I asked, then slumped down in the seat 'excited isn't the world I'd use.'  

'They're going to eat you alive' Silkie grinned.  

'Thanks. You're an awesome stepsister' I said, sarcastically. 'Aren't you a little over dressed.' I looked at her white, summer dress that I knew cost her five hundred and sixty dollars. Of course she looked fantastic in it.  

'Aren't you a little underdressed?' she said, looking at my t-shirt and jeans skeptically. 'You're a Cassidy now, you could do us proud.'  

'Brilliant. I revel in being part of your wonderful family.'  

'Being a Cassidy is the best thing that's ever happened to you' she said 'on the other hand it's one of the worst that's happened to me.' Her cell phone bleeped and she stared down at it, then laughed 'Gina reckons you'll last two weeks.'  

'Two weeks?'  

'Yeah I know, I bet one.' She paused 'you know Nerina, as much as I hate playing up to the role of your stepsister. I don't want you to be a complete loser when we arrive because if you stay it really won't do well for my image.'  

'Thanks for the concern' I yawned.  

'Yeah' she said absently 'so I'll give you a few guidelines. Hooking up with guys in toilets is not a good idea.'  

'Really?' I said sarcastically 'I'll have to break the habit of a lifetime.'  

'Yeah. Okay. And please, whatever you do don't be too much of you...'  

'Thanks.'  

'You know what a mean. And don't do anything that gets you noticed. Doing things that get you noticed can either swing one of two ways. You get popular, like me, or people hate you. And since it's you...'  

'Don't finish that sentence' I said, shaking my head.  

'And please, don't wear those clothes.'  

'What's wrong with them?' I asked, I looked down at them. I didn't think they were fashionable, but they didn't look bad and they were comfortable 'I always wear them.'  

'Exactly. Nerina always wears them. Please don't be Nerina. Nerina is that kid who brings shame on her big sister.'  

'Thanks' I said sarcastically for at least the third time 'who should I be then?' 

'I don't know. Get a better name.'  

'That's right. I'll change my name to impress all your friends. It's my dead grandmother's name, and traditionally Russian.'  

'Fine. If you're going to get stressed. Call yourself Rina or something, I don't know just do it' Silkie sighed, then pulled some clothes out of her Gucci handbag. 'Put these on.'  

She looked in the other direction as I pulled on the tartan skirt and matching shirt, it wasn't too slutty not compared to what I knew Silkie had at the back of her wardrobe. 'There you are. Much better. Now once we at the school, I don't know you.'  

She proceeded to plug her headphones in and stare out the window. That was pretty much the most compassionate moment I'd ever seen Silkie have. I half laughed and stared out the window, the buildings had been replaced by trees and fields as we drew nearer to the school. So it was only sixteen miles away from the city, it felt like it was in another state or something.  

A month ago, my mum had married Graham Cassidy. He was like a famous businessman or something, and my mum was a model. But she was thirty four and running out of business, so she met him and a year later they got married. Okay fair enough he's sixty one, but I never said my mum's not a gold-digger, but she claims she loves him and I'm no one to contradict her.  

Then the car slowed to a pace, and we had stopped in front of some huge gates. Opening up to a huge, old building. I shivered. End of the line.