Prologue

There he is looking at me looking at him, the curve of his lips that could bring my heart to a complete stop, his hair out of place and those eyes, those eyes that would never leave me, those eyes that could burn straight through those walls that I had so carefully and strategically placed around my  being.

 What is it about him, I still haven't figured it out. 

All I know is that what we have right now could not merely be a union of two people but a union of two souls, souls which have been searching for each other life time after life time.

 A love like this was never meant to happen to me, to consume me, no, people like me are always on the opposite end of it. 

He isn't perfect and neither am I, he loves the dark and so do I. The stillness it offers us, the peacefulness, knowing this darkness belongs to us, pulling us closer.

The scariest part is the fear of the unknown, 'how can you be so scared of things that haven't happened to you' he would always say, but it's not that is it? No it's not knowing when all of this could suddenly come to an end. Good things aren't supposed to last, good things get ripped away time after time. 

So is it so bad of me to always think the worst? I fell in love with his brokenness the way he saw the world, I wanted to be a part of that, I wanted to ease his tortured soul but he saw how broken I was and he fell in love with the way I saw the world, neither of us tried to fix each other, how can you fix someone? Those cracks eventually engrave themselves into you.